background

Friday, May 22, 2009

Schools Out!!!

The last few weeks have flown by. The end of the school year always does and we are now officially out for the summer!

For Mother's day Emma finally decided to crawl. Yipee! She is almost one so it is probably about time (Ady was walking by this age). It was actually on Mother's day morning that she decided she was ready to crawl. She also got her first tooth on Mother's day as well so Emma really pulled through for me this year! She is so much fun and so cute. The week after she learned to crawl she would wake up every night and when I would go in and check on her she would be in the crawling position and not be able to get down! It would make me laugh:) This week she decided that at nap time she wants to play instead of sleep. I usually put both Emma and Ady down at the same time but this week everytime I put Emma in her crib she would roll over and crawl into the corner where she could see Ady and then they would both sit there and laugh. I finally decided that if I really want them to nap that I have to put them in different rooms! It is kind of fun to sit on the couch and listen to them giggle though.

We are enjoying going on bike rides with our girls and making snow cones. We got a bike trailer that is big enough for both girls and they usually have fun (except for when Ady takes Emma's toys away from her)!
Ben's parents have goats on their farm and we took the kids out to play with the baby goats. My girls actually like the goats a lot and Emma gets so excited when she sees them. They are fun to watch. Ady likes them because they are actually small enough that she can pick them up. That won't last for too much longer though.
Ady was excited because her cousin Isak came to stay with us for a weekend while my sister and her husband went to England to visit my parents. We played with the goats, went to the pakr, played in the water in our backyard and had lots of fun together. Ady was very sad when we told her that it was time for Isak to go home.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

Brooke,

your kids are so cute I read Ady's one liners on the side they made me laugh my oldest Jaxon is the king of one liners I just wish I had blogging when he was little maybe a would have written more of them down not that he doesn't still have them they are just much longer to explain i hope all is well with you