background

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Remodel

We have been remodeling our home for the 2nd time in a year. Last summer right after we purchased our house we changed it from a two bedroom home to a three bedroom home. This time we decided to remodel the kitchen before we moved in. We bought the home last May and have been renting it until my parents came home from their mission. We were supposed to move into our home in the middle of August and we finally moved in at the end of September! It has been a long process but we are very happy to finally be here. Now I just have all of the work of getting things in their approriate places!
This is a little snapshot of our kitchen before we started the remodeling process. We didn't have a laundry room - it was just at the end of the kitchen.
This is a shot from the "laundry room" into the kitchen.
This is a shot from our living room into the kitchen.
We removed the wall between the kitchen and the living room to open up the kitchen.
Then we had to tear out two layers of linoleum and floor board and tear out all of the cabinets.
Then we built a new wall to separate the kitchen from the laundry room.
Next we laid tile and painted the walls (yes I really did choose to paint my kitchen orange - and I love it!)

We had to wait a little while to get our cabinets and counter tops but the finished product is beautiful! I love my new kitchen and laundry room - it was definitely worth the wait!The door at the end goes into our new laundry room.
This is my new laundry room. It isn't huge but it is way better than what I had before and I really like it right by my kitchen.

6 comments:

Caitlin and Cade said...

I love all these pictures!!!Your kitchen turned out so darling!

Pyatt said...

It looks amazing guys...are you ready to finish one in San Diego???:)

Andi said...

How fun! Well...actually...I'm sure it's more fun now that it's done, right? I like the color combo! It turned out really cute! Hope you guys are well! :)

candrkoch said...

Looks fabulous Brooke! Thanks for calling yesterday, it was fun to chat! Hope to see you sometime soon!
rach

Lacy J. said...

Love how it turned out-you guys are troopers doin it yourselves! Looks great!

Kristie said...

I love it I understand the long wait and the hard work. Our kitchen took twice as long and twice as much money (almost) but it was worth it and I love it too. So much fun. It looks like things are going great.