background

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Polar Express!

A couple of weeks ago all of my family (minus Brian and Lacy) went up to Salt Lake for a little trip. We went on the Polar Express and took a little trip to the North Pole. It was a lot of fun and the girls had a great time.
This is Ady and her cousin Kalli posing in front of the Polar express engine before we left for the North Pole. We went to dinner before the train ride and the restaurant was doing games for the kids so they all got their faces painted and balloons and got to decorate ornaments. It made for a nice dinner for the adults!
Kalli, Whitnee, and Ady waiting for Santa Claus.
The train went all of the way to the North Pole and we saw Santa Claus standing outside waving to everybody. Then Santa got on the train and came and talked to all of the kids and gave them a bell - "The first gift of Christmas". Ady isn't a big fan of Santa and started screaming as soon as she saw him:)
She did like the elves however and this is Emma and Ady with Jingle and Jangle.
We stayed in Park City and the next day we headed to Salt Lake. The rest of the family decided to go to a movie and we decided to wander around the city. We first went and watched people ice skate at the Gallivan Center. Then we went and found a way fun park and played in the snow. The girls had a great time and so did Ben and I. There were some really fun toys at the park that Ben and I got to play on too:)
After the park we all headed to the Jazz vs. Lakers game. We had a great time and the Jazz won! The girls were really good but Ady said afterward that the game was really long!

On the way back to our hotel we stopped at Temple Square to see the lights. I forget just how beautiful they are. I took the above picture and then went to snap one more and all of the lights shut off just as I pushed the button.
Ben and Emma standing in front of the red tree.
Me, Ben, Emma, Grandma B., Grandpa B., and Ady
Ady wanting to be in a picture all by herself!

We had a really fun weekend and enjoyed the snow for just a few days (just the way I like it). On Sunday morning as we walked to breakfast it started snowing huge snowflakes. It was beautiful but I was glad that I didn't have to stay in it for very long:)

1 comments:

Pyatt said...

I bet it is so fun having your parents with you this Christmas! The girls look so cute and I hope you guys have a great Christmas...we need to catch up soon!