background

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pre-Christmas Update

I wanted to put a bunch of these pictures on so I am putting them all in one post. Here is a quick update on a bunch of random stuff!
On Thanksgiving morning we went out to Snow Canyon State Park with some of Ben's friends from work for breakfast. It was fun and the girls had a fun time hiking around.
The only problem was that we ate too much for breakfast and didn't wait long enough before having Thanksgiving dinner. I used to go out to Snow Canyon all the time when I was little but haven't been for a VERY long time.
Of course it was just a couple of days before the BYU vs. Utah game and Ben is the only BYU fan at his job. Thankfully for him BYU won this year!
Ben created a giant Y to place on top of our home this year. The picture is a little blurry but it really looked good and we got a lot of comments. We placed it on the roof at the rivalry week and left it up all through Christmas.
I'm not sure where my girls get it from but they love to get up on top of the roof. I am very afraid of heights and don't really like the roof. Ben let the girls get on the roof with him when he was looking for a place to anchor the giant "Y" (I am safely on the round!).
The week after Thanksgiving my friend Amy "Freakin" got married. I'm not sure how it happened but this is the only picture that I ended up with from her wedding. Ady, Eva, and Emma had a lot of fun playing together during the wedding dinner!
Emma is such a fun little girl. I really like the age that she is right now (19 months) even if she is definitely getting more stubborn. She loves to play in their little kitchen but she likes to sit in the oven! She learned how to say "NO" just a few weeks before Christmas (thankfully - I know a lot of kids learn that word much sooner) and now it is her favorite thing to say. Anytime we ask her something she says "No, No, No!" The nice thing is that she usually does it with a smile on her face.
We helped grandma Neumann decorate her Christmas tree and this was Emma doing her best to help out! It is fun to see her mimic others and try to do grown up things.
This is Emma sleeping in her crib with all of her babies. She loves babies and always has to have one with her!
This is Emma showing off her beautiful smile and eyes. Her eyes are so expressive and I love to see her so happy!
Our cute little family!
Ben with his girls:)
All the girls! I had somebody ask me on this Sunday if I intentionally dressed us all in matching outfits. I have actually started realizing that I do this but not on purpose. I think that I must get in certain moods and just pick out clothes that match without realizing it!
Ady and Emma showing off their cute smiles!

2 comments:

Pyatt said...

I love this post and I love that giant Y!!! You guys are the best! Brooke...I need to talk to you...I think I'm bringin my girls to St. George for girls camp...and thought it might be fun to combine with your girls for a fireside at the famous "Beckstrom" cabin...what do you think? :)

Lacy J. said...

Glad to see some pics-it was fun seeing you over Christmas! Enjoy your lack of snow:)