background

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was so much fun! Emma woke up a little before 7:30 so she came and hung out with us for awhile. I was wanting Ady to get as much sleep as possible because I knew it was going to be a long day. Ady finally woke up around 8:30 just as my parents and Ben's parents arrived. It was fun to get to have both sets of grandparents and Uncle Ty at our house to watch the kids open their presents.
Ady was very excited when she saw her Hello Kitty bike. It was exactly the one that she had been wanting. I reminded her that it was a good thing that she had told Santa so he didn't bring the wrong thing:)
I love her face in this picture.....pure happiness!
She was also excited about the underwear that she got in her stocking!
Emma was also pretty excited about her stocking surprises!
This is Emma when she opened up her new baby doll. I'm not even sure if she realized what it was at this point but she sure looks excited in the picture!
The girls also got a little swing set and slide and were pretty excited about that. Santa had left it outside on the deck. Ady was really excited because Santa had stopped at our old house and brought over our elephant slide and put it in our back yard. She keeps telling everybody how strong Santa is because he did it all by himself with no help!

After opening presents at our house we headed over to Grandma & Grandpa Hunt's house for our Christmas breakfast and to see all of the cousins. We had fun their and then headed over to the Neumann's to open presents there.
This is the line up at the Neumann home. There are 9 kids in the family and I think 22 grandkids so there are lots of packages to be opened!
Later in the afternoon we went over to my family's home for a nice Christmas dinner and some games.
We had a great Christmas day and enjoyed watching our girls faces light up with excitement. I love Christmas for so many reasons but it was so fun this year because Ady is starting to understand what it is all about and Emma is just so entertaining. I also love all of the parties and the family things that happen during the holidays, but probably most of all, I like the constant reminder of why we are celebrating this time of year, the birth of our Savior.

0 comments: