background

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August

So August started out with the Olympics.  Can I just say how much we LOVE to watch the Olympics.  It was so much fun and something that we could look forward to every night.  August also means that I am back to work, which I always dread for some reason, but after the first day back I remember that I really do love my job.  It is just having to get back on a schedule that is the hardest part (but also so nice to have routine again).  
Al of a sudden one day I found Sadie & Stockton pushing each other up and down the hallway  in the stroller.  It was very cute:)  They would take turns (usually with a little fighting) but in the end it all worked out fairly well.
This is a picture of Stockton crying because he couldn't have the ball off of the TV.  We gave him a basketball but he wanted the ball from the TV.  It was pretty funny to watch.  He just stood there and pointed at the TV and said "ball, ball".  This kid LOVES balls!
I even lifted Stockton up so that he could touch the TV and see that the ball wasn't real but he still wanted it! Sadie even got in on the action.
Ady was pretty excited about her first day of school.  We went to Back to School Night the night before school started so she could meet her teachers.  It was fun for her to see her friends again too.
Of course Emma had to get a picture with Ady.  She looks up to Ady so much and every day she asks me when Ady will get home from school.  She usually starts asking around 10:00...which makes for a long day!
When we got to Ady's school she told me that her tummy hurt a little bit.  I told her that she was probably just nervous and that as soon as she got in class she would be ok.  When we walked in class and I took her to the rug she started crying a little bit.  I told her I would stay at the back of the room for a few minutes.  After a little while I left and she was just fine.  She has been having fun ever since and is loving school once again.  This week she got 100% on her very first PRE Spelling test.  We hadn't even practiced it and she did awesome.  She is one smart cookie!
This is what our evenings usually consist of...wrestling. 
Sadie & Stockton love to wrestle and play.
We have had a TON of rain in July and August (for our area at least) which was so nice because it kept it fairly cool (if you can call low 100's cool).  The kids LOVED to play in the rain and would go and splash in the puddles.  Unfortunately, a few times they would also take a seat right in the puddle:)
Playing in the puddles!
Emma pretty much wore her swimsuit the entire day this day so that she could just go outside and play in the rain/puddles whenever she wanted to.  She wanted Ady to see her in her swimsuit when she got home from school:)
At night we have a little fishy night light that we turn on when we put the twins to bed.  Sadie and Stockton have always watched it but have all of a sudden taken an interest in playing with it.
The picture above and below were actually taken in the dark and this is where I found them...sitting up close and personal and watching the fish.

Emma & Ady on Emma's first day of preschool.
Since Ady started school Emma has been asking when she was going to get to start school.  She has been so excited.  I have been worried because this little girls is very quiet and despite all of our efforts she ended up in a preschool where she knows no one. I took her to the school before hand so she could be comfortable with it.  She has planning her clothes for along time because I told her she couldn't wear them until school started.  On her first day of school I had to work but I was going to leave for a few minutes to take her to school which didn't start until the afternoon.  At work that morning I got a call from her school wondering where she was. Come to find out they had cancelled the morning class but never told me.  I had to have my mom take her to school which was fine but it made me sad.  She did awesome at school (although she told my mom that she didn't say anything...and then said that she had said one thing but couldn't remember what).  Emma is a VERY smart little girl.  She loves to sit and do her homework while Ady works on her own.  Emma will ask me how to spell things and then write it all down.  Right now she likes to write down her weekly schedule (School, grandma's, church, chorses, etc.) She is getting so big and I am very proud of this little girl...even if she is a bit quiet around others!

0 comments: