background

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thoughts





I just have to add a couple of things while I am thinking about it.  We have been taking the twins to nursery at church for the last few weeks just to let them start getting used to it and to give them a chance to play for a little bit (they can't officially start nursery for a couple more weeks).  This week when we took them Sadie marched right in but Stockton wouldn't leave my side.  I eventually took him back out in the hall but let Sadie stay in there and play.  Stockton kept going to the door and pounding on it and saying "Sadie".  I tried a few more times to get him to go in but he wouldn't leave my side.  Ben took Stockton to class with him and I left Sadie in nursery and went to my class.  After church I picked her up and then went to find Ben and the other kids.  As we both walked into the gym from opposite ends Sadie & Stockton saw each other.  Sadie started saying "Bubba, Bubba" and I could hear Stockton yelling "Sadie".  They ran towards each other and then embraced.  It was one of the cutest things that I have seen.  It was probably the longest time that they have ever been apart:)  Also, when they were walking out to get in the car after church they were holding hands walking down the side walk.  They are sooooo much fun to watch!
On another note, after serving in the Young Women's program in my church group for the last 3 years I am getting released this next week.  Since I am going to be gone when they release us, last week was my last week of being in there and tonight was my last activity.  I have known that this was coming for awhile and knew that it was time for somebody else to have a turn, but I also have such mixed emotions on it.  I have LOVED serving with these young women for the past three years and I am REALLY going to miss them.


3 comments:

Pyatt said...

so cute!! I got released on Sunday too...I almost don't know what to do with myself. I love working with the youth!!

LOVE TO DANCE said...

I think that is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. It must have been so stange for them to be separated. My how kids grow.

Andi said...

Cute family, Brooke! Hope you're well!! :)