background

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day to Day

In a two week period I had a new baby, celebrated my 30th birthday and celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary. The older you get the less fun birthdays are to celebrate. This year was no different. I was definitely not up for doing much so I settled for a quiet dinner at home. Ashley and Matt brought us dinner and we hung out and watched the first NBA finals game. It wasn't what I would have wanted in the past but I actually had a great time. The next week we celebrated our anniversary and kept it simple as well. Ben is a great husband and father to our two little girls. I love having him home so much. He goes to work early but he also gets home early and we have lots of time to spend together!


I feel like I am starting to get back into normal life. Ady is a great big sister and also helps me (most of the time). Of course she has her moments, but overall things have gone way smoother than I would have expected. She always wants to hold her little sister and it is a little difficult to teach her to not get right up in Emma's face!

Ady has had a lot of fun in the past couple of weeks. She gets lots of attention from all of her cousins, aunts, and uncles (and from her Dad)! She goes swimming with her dad several times a week.

Ady is getting to be a pretty good little swimmer. She goes all over the in the pool with her floaties. She also loves to wear her sunglasses. Whenever she finds them she straps them on (usually upside down)!

Ady also went and played with uncle Brian and aunt Lacy and saw the horses and cows.


She also got a new little bunny rabbit from her Grandma & Grandpa. She loves to put it her in little buggy and push it around the house. It spends most of its time outside though. She always tells it that it can't go on the carpet only on the wood! She has several names but can never decide on the same one twice. Each day I ask her to see what the new name is going to be. So far some of the names are Salt & Pepper, Goggles, Papa, Azul, Bunny, Rabbit.

Emma is the best baby. She has been sleeping so well and only cries when she is hungry. I really can't complain because I am getting much more sleep than Ben. He gets up and 5:00 am and if Emma has woken up by then I get up and feed her. I forgot how much fun it is to hold a little baby. She is so cuddly and when I get the chance I take advantage of cuddling her.

3 comments:

Pyatt said...

Brooke--I love all the pictures...Ady is so grown up and this baby is so beautiful!! What a cute family you have...can't wait to see you...we may get out there before the end of the year!

The Lamberts said...

brooke I didn't know you had your babe. we have been gone most of june and I haven't been blogging lately, but I still I feel like a crappy friend. Emma is so beautiful, congratulations. I'm so happy for you and Ben.

Nat B. said...

Brooke-We are just kicken it here with Brice and Nicole and are new MacBook. Cute pics! We need to play risk again soon!!