background

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our new arrival - Emma Day Neumann

Last Wednesday I went to the hospital to have our little baby. Everybody told me that my labor would be half of what my first one was. I was hoping that by 5 or 6 that evening I would have a new little baby girl. You can imagine my frustration when this delivery went exactly the same as my first - almost to the minute. After going in at 7:30 am I finally delivered my baby at 11:57 pm. Ady didn't arrive until 12:01 am the next morning and I went in at the same time. As you can see I am just not meant to have quick deliveries. Ben said that I can't complain though because my pregnancies are so easy (compared to a lot of people). I guess that I would rather have one long and miserable day during the delivery than a bunch of bad days during my pregnancy.


This is Ben and Emma the night she was born.

Emma, Ady and I - the day after her delivery.


I was interested to see how Ady would react. When she first came to the hospital she didn't care about her sister she just wanted to see me. After a little while she warmed up and wanted to hold Emma. Now she wants to hold her all the time. She is really good with her though and doesn't bother her.


Emma is adorable. She looks almost identical to Ady except for darker hair and a little darker skin color. So far she is a great baby. She even slept for 6 hours straight last night! I was amazed. I kept waking up and making sure that she was still breathing.

10 comments:

Nat B. said...

She is such a beautiful baby! I am glad she is sleeping for you. I hope it lasts!

Unknown said...

We have anxiously been awaiting photos!! She is adorable! Hope you are doing well! Congratulations!

Pyatt said...

Oh Brooke, She is darling!!! I can't wait to see her! We are hoping to get out that way sometime in the fall...we'll keep you posted!! You have TWO now!! :) Take care!

candrkoch said...

Oh, Brooke, she is beautiful! How precious. Congrats and thanks for posting photos of her, it was fun to see.

Lacy J. said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah we have a new little one! I can't wait to hold her I've been counting down, 5 more days to go...Ady looks so cute holding Emma and it will be so fun to come and play with two little girls now. See you soon!

Krista said...

Brooke, she is so beautiful, I am so excited for you, she looks so sweet bundled in the cute blanket you made for her! Way to go Emma on a six hour stretch of sleep!!!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on such a little cutie! Emma is darling, and looks like Ady is going to be a GREAT big sister!

MCJaster said...

Hurray Brooke!! I got Emma & Ady's picture today & they are adorable. I can see a lot of you in Ady & she looks so happy to have her little sister right there. Congrats to the new daddy as well! Ben must be lov'n all his girls. Hope you survived the first week. Take care of yourself & enjoy the cuddles.

love, crystal

The Harrises said...

Brooke-
I'm linking to people all over the place and found you. Congrats on the baby. I love your little blond, Ady. She has such a cute smile. Good luck on the sleep may she be good to you.
Micki

Jennie said...

Congratulations Brooke! I am so happy for you!