background

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quilt

I have been working on a quilt for my enrichment group. It has actually been a lot of fun and I am realizing the maybe I do have the patience for quilting. The current quilt that I am currently working on is a sampler quilt, which means I am making a bunch of different types of blocks. The blocks are all six each blocks. I found some really cute fabric and I am excited to see how it turns out.

The fabric I am using for my quilt

The easiest of my blocks I had to make (rail fence)

another rail fence block

The 9 patch variation block

Friendship Star

Log cabin

Flying geese

log cabin

log cabin

As you can probably tell my favorite block to make was the log cabin. It was really a lot of fun. I have decided though that I need all of my sewing supplies in the same place. I would cut the fabric on my kitchen table, walk to the back room to sew and then downstairs to press! At least I got my exercise. I had to press after each stitch so for each of these blocks it was about 8 times!

I will post a picture of the blanket when I finally finish!

Just so you know, blankets do have healing powers. Everytime Ady gets hurt she wants to put a blanket on her ouwie. We wrap blankets anywhere they will fit. Here are a few examples!Ady's hair was too tight so we wrapped her neck in a blanky!


Ady bonked her head so we wrapped that. We have also wrapped fingers, legs, elbows, stomachs, etc. in blanky's. It always seems to take the hurt away!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Nice points on your blocks. :) I knew you were a quilter!! I just bought some fabric myself(don't tell my husband). I'm actually making a drape to cover a sliding door. Hope you have fun with your quilt. It sounds like my first quilt. After I was done with it I picked two of my favorite blocks and made another one. I had so much fun!

candrkoch said...

Oh, I want to be in your ward and join the quilting group!!! With all those ladies in the ward that are good quilters (& fun!) I'll bet it's the best night ever! I'll admit it now: I AM JEALOUS!!

The Lamberts said...

Ooooh soooo beautiful. You have the corners meeting up perfectly. Mine don't look that good. I love the fabric you picked out.