background

Monday, November 10, 2008

Quirky?!?

So I was tagged by a friend a while back and I am supposed to write 6 quirky things about myself. I haven't done it because I have had a hard time coming up with anything! Of course there are strange things about me but I just remember what they are!

1. Typing - I type constantly in my head. If you are ever around me and notice my fingers moving I am most likely typing. I type phrases, song lyrics, single words - Everything! It drives me kind of crazy but I am getting used to it. I picked up the bad habit when I took my first keyboarding class at Dixie College back in 1997 and since then I have rarely stopped typing!

2. Patterns - (this goes with the previous number). While I am typing I find strange patterns. Sometimes I will take a whole sentence and figure out how many letters are in it, what it is divisible by cool patterns that are in it. Strange - I know - but I really can't help it! (my favorite are 11, 12, and 13 letter words).

3. Spelling - (this kind of goes with the typing as well). I have to know how to spell everything. Misspelled words drive me insane. I remember, long ago during my Logan days, I was at a friend's house and we were talking about some word that I couldn't spell. I had to call another friend on the phone and have him look in the dictionary so I would know how to spell it. I still remember the word - asphyxiation (12 letters, divisible by 3 and 4 (Idon't like to use 2), and I would say it in my head like this - asp hyx iat ion). I also used to turn my computer on and type words on a word document just so I could use the spell checker!

4. Bread - (I don't really think that this is weird - but Ben does). Whenever I make a sandwich or a piece of toast I have to spread the mayo, mustard, PB, jelly, butter, whatever it is all the way to the edge of the piece of bread. I want every spot covered with a nice thin layer.

5. Somersaults - Back when I was in college I took a PE class for elementary education teachers. During the class we had to do a somersault and it was then that I realized that I could no longer do them. Sure, I did them lots when I was little but for some reason I couldn't make myself do one. I started taking lessons (okay, not really). A friend of mine tried teaching me. We would go out on the lawn outside our apartment complex and I would get in the somersault position and she would flip my lets over for me. It was pretty hilarious. I remember when I finally got it down I had a performance in my apartment! (I think that I could still do one if I tried, but I have never been able to do a cart wheel - I must have some fear of my feet being above my head!)

6. - I really can't think of anything else and Emma is wanting to eat. If anybody else can think of something quirky about me I would love to hear what you have to say - leave me a comment!

I tag Ashley, Jamie, and Mandy!

1 comments:

Pyatt said...

Okay...that makeup post of Addy...is HILARIOUS!!! I love it...quirky...well let's see...waht kis something quirky I know about you...you give great pedicures and your flowers are a lot less expensive!!:)