background

Friday, April 3, 2009

My New Hobby!

So I am currently taking a cake decorating class and having a lot of fun in the learning process. Most weeks we just practice with icing on little cards but the last two weeks I have actually decorated cakes. Here is a little sampling of my last two cakes!
This is my Easter basket cake. I decided to try the basket weave and it wasn't nearly as hard as it seems. It does take some patience, however.


For Family Home Evening we decided to make a chain counting down the days until my parents return from their mission. There is approximately 90 days left so we set to work making a large paper chain.
Ady wasn't completely sure what it all meant so I explained it to her and told her that we would cut one ring off of the chain each night and when the chain was all gone gaga and papa would be home.
We hung the chain up over the top of our entertainment center (since it is really long). The next morning Ady woke up and came into the kitchen. She looked at the chain and said "mommy, where are gaga and papa?" I guess she assumed that once we made the chain they would all of a sudden be home.

6 comments:

The Lamberts said...

Love the cakes. You did a great job.

Pyatt said...

Awesome cakes...I've thought about taking a class too!! I love the chain idea...I am in shock that they are almost done!!

Jennifer said...

What cute cakes! Looks like I found someone to hire for my cake decorating needs. :) Your girls are getting so big and are so very cute!

Drew and Bitar said...

Like the others have said...Fantastic looking cakes!! I bet it's really fun to eat them too!

Andi said...

So...I'm taking a cake decorating class, too! Where is yours? I haven't posted any of my pics because mine don't turn out nearly as cute as yours!! :)

The Roylance Family said...

I am so impressed! Those cakes look great! We love paper chains at our house too. Ethan loves looking forward to events!