background

Friday, April 3, 2009

Family Reunion

Last week we had a little family reunion. I really shouldn't call it little since it was actually a whole lot of people. It was for the descendants of Robert Gardner Jr. who was one of the settlers of St. George and Pine Valley. A statute was dedicated for him and placed in the round-about on Tabernacle and Main Street. It was in this same location that he drove a stake into the ground to signify the center of St. George and that is exactly what the statue depicts. The statue was dedicated by Elder Jeffrey Holland from the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and was held in the St. George Tabernacle. Elder Holland is also a descendant of Robert Gardner Jr. and he shared some stories about my Great Great Grandfather and the life that he lived and the legacy that he left behind.

It was fun to see the posterity from this one man. There were over 1000 people in attendance and that is probably less than 10% of his actual posterity. They figure that there is between 10.000 to 11.000 people who have descended from this one man.


Earlier in the week Ady, Emma, and I took Ben lunch at "daddy's work". Even though it wasn't the warmest day Ady was still out in the water playing. I don't think that she ever gets sick of going to play with her dad. Below is a video of Emma on the same day showing off her dancing skills. Keep in mind that this video is not in fast forward - she really moves that fast. Watch it and you will know what I mean (it is only 16 seconds long). She usually gets shy when I get the camera out so I was really excited that I finally caught it on film.

She is one silly little girl and she LOVES to dance. She has been dancing for the past couple of months and it has gotten crazier and crazier as it has gone along! It first started with her shoulders and has now evolved into the head shaking! She is so much fun!

The next video is of Ady singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

Our girls are so much fun and always keep us entertained!

1 comments:

LOVE TO DANCE said...

well we are all here gathered around looking at your blog and we all can not believe addy is so big! loved the post!!!er miss you, great cakes, and way to be tough on the triathalon