I can't believe that April is almost over. This month has flown by. We have been doing pretty much the same things as always but it just seems like we have been so busy! This blog is probably a little long and kind of random but I am trying to catch up!
I just found this picture and had to write about it because it was so funny. Every February Ben and I love going to the parade of homes. One night after we had gotten home we found this little note on the toilet that Ady had placed there. All of the homes have notes on the toilet letting people know that they are not public toilets. Apparently Ady thought that ours should look the same so she created one all by herself! It is amazing to me the things that kids pick up on. Everynight I read to Ady and then we sing a few songs that she gets to pick. Lately the song she wants me to sing to her is "Golden West". For those people who aren't familiar with this song it is actually from a television commercial for a credit union in the area. She has heard it and likes it I guess so we sing it most nights! I also was going through the mail the other day and there was an ad from Geico with the money and the eyes. I opened it up and Ady said "that's Geico!" It made me laugh. I guess advertising really works!
I made this cake for a guy that Ben works with.
This cake was for my nephew's birthday. You can't tell from the picture but it is a rounded cake so it looks just like a basketball. He loved the cake and didn't want to eat it! The only disapointing thing is that I had to put "SUNS" on it.
A couple of weeks ago Ben and I did a triathlon. It wasn't a very long one but it was a lot of fun and now we want to do another one. Ben is going to do the longer one next time but I think that I will stick to the beginner. I decided to take a picture of us before the race because I knew that I wouldn't want one after!
We really hadn't prepared ourselves much for the race but we have been biking a lot lately. Ady used to ride on the back of my bike so we got her a cute little helmet. Now she rides in a bike trailer with Emma but she still insists on wearing her helmet! This picture was actually a day that we just went on a walk but since she was in the bike trailer (which is also a stroller) she wanted to wear her new helmet!
We had a fun Easter and did Easter egg hunts in between the rain that decided to come that weekend. The girls of course got new dresses and way too much candy. Ady especially loved her new shoes and likes to wear them whenever she can. She likes to put them on and just walk around the house because they are really loud. She calls them her princess shoes!
Ady is getting to be so big. I keep asking her if she will stop growing because sometimes when I look at her she doesn't seem like my little girl anymore. She is getting much more independent which is nice and not so nice. It is nice that she can go and grab me a diaper or get her own drink of water but I also don't like it when she has to do everything herself (maybe I do want her to grow out of this stage)!
Emma in her Easter dress. She always pulls the funniest faces. I get such a kick out of her. She is just about ready to start crawling. You can tell she really wants to be able to move but just hasn't been able to figure it out yet. It is funny how different children are because Ady was just starting to walk when she was the same age as Emma is now! I will say that it has been nice to have her immovable. She does have some arms though and no matter where you stick her she always finds something to get into!




4 comments:
We really do think alike! Not only did we get similar easter dresses, but I aso bought Miley that same helmet!
Love all the pictures. Those Easter pictures are DARLING!!! Congrats on the triathon...you guys will be Team Neumann at the Ironman!!:)
What a fun, and busy month! You are so good at your cakes! Your girls are so adorable. I just have to chuckle at how opposite they look from each other! Your girls look so cute in their dresses! And, congrats on the triathlon!!! That's my goal someday!
Your girls are SO adorable! Way to go for enjoying them so much. I can just see you being so laid back and wonderful.
Post a Comment