background

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Concert!

Last night Ben and I went to the David Archuleta concert at the Burns Arena in St. George. It was really a lot of fun. I think that every girl in St. George between the ages 10 - 16 were there with a lot more that were a little younger and a little older (or a lot older like myself). It was actually a lot of fun. It was fun to see him in person after watching him on American Idol last season.


I must say that if you never heard what it sounds like to have several thousand young girls screaming at the top of their lungs (and you want to) you should go to one of his concerts. I couldn't believe how excited they all were. There were a couple of girls in front of us that seriously recorded on their camera at least half of the concert and took probably 100 pictures during the hour he was on stage. I kept thinking that those poor girls were going to be really disappointed when they got home and realized that they had just watched the entire concert through their cameras. I thought that they were going to faint a couple of times!

I did record one little snippet just for memories sake. I forget sometimes just how loud concerts are and we came out with our ears ringing!



I have one question for anybody who can answer it. Why is it that when you go to a concert you have to sit and wait for 1/2 hour before the main performer comes out. Why do they have to check all of the equipment after the opening band has performed when they didn't even use the equipment. I get so frustrated every time and just wonder why they have to keep you waiting. Oh well, the concert was fun anyway!

0 comments: