Last week was spring break for me and it is always something that I look forward to. Everybody needs a break sometime, right? Thankfully while I was off of work the weather was GORGEOUS in St. George. The first Saturday we headed up to Zion and had a picnic and then went on a hike. It was really nice. The girls were great on the hike and Ady even hiked most of it all by herself. Ady was excited to show off her new earrings. We met some people while we were having our picnic and she whispered in my ear "mommy tell them I have earrings". Of course I forgot my camera so we didn't get any pictures.
I spent the first half of my Spring Break just like this, sitting on a blanket at town square. I went there three days. I had to take Ben lunch each day (at least that was my excuse). Emma and I would sit on a blanket and watch Ady as she played in the water with friends. Emma would just play with pieces of grass and leaves. She is quite fascinated with just being outside. It was so nice and I even got a nice tan out of it!
Ady had so much fun playing that it was hard for me to get her to leave. Each day we either met cousins or friends to play with. This is Ady with her friends Abbi and Kai. She would usually fall asleep in the car as we drove home. She loves going to her "daddy's work" to see him and play!
The second half of the week we went up to Salt Lake. Originally I wasn't sure about going up there in March because the weather in St. George is so nice and the weather in Salt Lake isn't so much. We actually had great weather for our time there (and then it snowed two days after we left). We saw some old friends on Thursday and then stayed with the Barkers in Morgan. We stayed up later than we have in a long time just talking and playing games (and eating cake - of course)! On Friday we went to Hogle Zoo. The girls had a lot of fun and so did Ben and I. Emma would get so excited when she saw the animals. She especially liked the monkeys!
Ady got to go on the carousel ride. She really liked until Ben stepped away from the animal she was riding on so I could get a picture!
Ady and Emma were really brave and even sat on the back of the tigers for us so we could get a picture. This was the only animal sculpture that Ady would come close to. She didn't like the gorilla or the rhino and absolutely refused to get close to them!
We even went on a little train ride. Ady was so excited she could hardly contain herself. I'm glad we didn't have to wait any longer for the ride or else she might have had a melt down.We walked around all day looking at the animals. Ady liked pretty much everything but the rhinos and elephants. For some reason she thought they were pretty scary.
Saturday we spent the day with Ben's family and going to some bridal showers for our soon to be sister-in-law. In between the showers we found time for some shopping!
All in all I had a great spring break. The best part of all was spending time with my girls and my hubby!




1 comments:
wow emma and alli look alot alike. looks like you had a fun spring break. We need to get together and have lunch with the girls again.
Post a Comment