As you can see I am trying to do a quick update on the whole summer. I went back to work at the end of July but we still were able to have some fun during August. We continued to enjoy the swimming pool. Ben rides his bike to work a couple days a week and when he gets home it is really hot so we usually all jump in the pool. Ady is getting pretty good and even likes going under the water!
At the end of July Ady started her first ever dance lessons. She was soooooo excited to go to dance. She thought that she was such a BIG girl. It has been fun watching her grow up. I can't believe how big she is getting!
After a couple weeks of dance they had a parent night where we could go and watch the class and see what they had been doing.This was her favorite dance. She seems to be just a little bit distracted but it was really cute to watch!
At the end of August we went to a Poison and Def Lepard concert with our friends the Barkers. We had so much fun! I can't say that I have actually always been a fan of these bands. I remember back in the day that I thought they were evil and I remember my older brothers holding me in the room to make me listen to the "devil music'. I have changed a little bit since then but I have to say that my first real taste of Def Lepard was when I was roommies with Breanne and she always listened to their greatest hits album.
Ben was especially excited for the concert. He has loved both of these bands for a very long time and has always wanted to see them in concert.
At the end of August we went to a Poison and Def Lepard concert with our friends the Barkers. We had so much fun! I can't say that I have actually always been a fan of these bands. I remember back in the day that I thought they were evil and I remember my older brothers holding me in the room to make me listen to the "devil music'. I have changed a little bit since then but I have to say that my first real taste of Def Lepard was when I was roommies with Breanne and she always listened to their greatest hits album.
Ben was especially excited for the concert. He has loved both of these bands for a very long time and has always wanted to see them in concert.Before the concert we met Krista and Kirk for dinner and then 1 hour before the concert we started driving the 3 miles to the concert venue. An hour and a half later we arrived at the concert (we were 30 minutes late). The traffic was TERRIBLE! It actually worked out well and we only missed the opening opening band and got there in plenty of time for the two bands that we wanted to see.

This is a look out my sunroof after the concert. It was crazy trying to get out of the parking lot!
Here is one little clip from the concert!
This is a picture of me and some of my co-workers. We had to do a dance to YMCA and decided to dress up and have some fun with it. We had the dance all planned out but when we went out the music was in the wrong spot so we had to just improvise. Oh well, the students seemed to enjoy it still!One big high light of the month is that Emma started walking! She was almost 15 months old. She is so cute walking all over the house. She can also go up and down the stairs so I don't have to worry about her around stairs (kind of - she still makes me nervous because she doesn't always go down backwards)!
We also are in the process of remodeling our house so that we can move back in. My parents have been home for 2 months and we are still living in their basement. We had planned on moving in the middle of August but we decided to remodel the kitchen and have been working on that ever since. We are hoping to be in by the end of next week (keep your fingers crossed)!







0 comments:
Post a Comment