I hope everybody can learn from my mistake. For the past six months I have been wanting to get an external hard drive but just haven't gotten around to it. In the summer I took a digital photography class and the teacher talked about how important it is to have your pictures backed up in at least 3 different locations. Well, despite all my intentions I never got around to doing either and now my hard drive on my computer has crashed. I have had several friends look at it and they couldn't do anything so I called a local company to see what they could do. They said that about 80% of the time they can recover the information for about $100. Unfortunately they called last week and said they couldn't recover the information and that I would have to send it off and it would probably cost anywhere from $1800 to $4000 if they can recover them! All of my pictures from the past 3 years of my life are on that hard drive. Basically all of the pictures of Ady and Emma that I have taken! It makes me sick to think that I have lost all of them. I am going to hang on to the hard drive and one day when I decide that I am rich (or I don't want to go on a family vacation) I will send it in and see what can be done. I will say that I am glad that I at least have some of my favorite pictures posted on my blog.
bathtime bubbles
10 years ago




3 comments:
Brooke I'm so sorry!!! That makes me sick! I'm going to double check with Joseph about how all of our pics are saved. Thanks for the hard lesson learned.
NO WAY!!! I'm so bummed Brooke!! Good luck, I think it is a good idea to hang on to the drive too. I want to back my stuff up now!
Dude..that happened to us when we moved into the new house. We did have a back up drive but hadn't used it for three months so we only lost that much...but I lost our address book with all of our contacts etc...it's a pain in the rear!! So sorry...Jen's blog has the same story on it...needless to say we'll be sending out the mass email soon for everyone's contact information!! Good luck...so fun that your parents are home!
Post a Comment