We celebrated Ady's birthday a couple of weeks ago. She was so excited to be turning 4. She was counting down the days.
Ady's cousin, Whitnee, has her birthday the day before Ady so we usually celebrate with her. I decorated this cake for Ady and Whitnee.
She got to open some of her presents the night before her birthday. Now that is an excited face!
On her actual birthday we had a birthday party with her friends. This is the first time that she has had a friend birthday party and she was so excited.
This was the invitation to her birthday party.
Since I had already made one cake we decided to have cupcakes for the birthday party. They turned out really cute.
The kids all got maps and we had to find our way to the Pinata. It was a lot of fun but not especially easy to get a group of 3 and 4 year olds to stand in a line to wait for their turn! I was a little nervous that somebody would get hit with the bat while trying to break the Pinata but luckily everybody came away uninjured!
This is Ady opening her presents. She got so much stuff and has loved playing with it all. Next time we have a friend party I am going to have her open the presents from us at a different time:)
Ady's friends who came to her birthday party. Aren't they cute!
Ady showing off her "Birthday Queen Adylaide" crown while showing us how old she is - 4.
We really celebrated Ady's birthday all week. We also had a little birthday party on Ben's side of the family for Ady and her cousin Hank. We did a barbeque at our house and I made another cake. This one was definitely not as girly but still turned out cute (it was actually probably one of the hardest cakes I have decorated).
Ady turned 4 and Hank turned 3!
I can hardly believe that my little girl is already 4. She has been so much fun! I told her that I am not going to allow her to turn 5 so she has to stop growing. I took her to the doctor for her checkup the day after her birthday. For the first time she wasn't shy and she talked to the doctor and told him all about her birthday party. I was reading through some of the materials that the doctor's office gave me and it said that 4 year olds should help with setting and clearing the table and I told Ady that while we were waiting. When we got home she let her dad know that the doctor said she needed to help and she has been my big helper ever since!
We sure love having this little girl in our home!






3 comments:
What a cutie! Ady is such a pretty little girl. And you are such a cute mom! Maybe someday we can meet up again and I can meet your kids in person! :)
Wow...I can't believe she's four either!! Where does the time go? Those cakes Brooke...are amazing! You are a pro!! I need to call you soon so we can touch base about girls camp and see what you think about getting our girls together?
Happy Birthday Ady! And Brooke, those are darling cakes!
Post a Comment