At the beginning of May the IronMan came to St. George. Ben was involved as one of the captains over the bike check-in area so he got a lot of his family to sign up along with me and my parents. It was a lot of fun. We got to talk to all of the athletes the day before the race and help them get their bikes in the right location. It was fun to see all of the athletes and find out where they had traveled from. I was really surprised at all of the different areas that people had come from. I talked to people from Czech Republic, Germany, England, Spain, New York, Florida (lots), everywhere!
This is a picture of the sea of bikes out at Sand Hollow Reservoir. There were 2500 athletes that signed up.
On Saturday Ben helped out at the transition 2 area where the athletes would get off of their bikes and get ready for their run. After he was finished we went back to the finish line with some of his family to watch the athletes. It was fun to watch, but I still can't figure out why somebody would want to torture themselves for up to 17 hours. I think that it is crazy!!!






0 comments:
Post a Comment