background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A quick trip!

A couple of weeks ago we went up to Salt Lake for a couple of reunions. Our original reason for going up was to go to my Jerusalem center reunion. It has been 10 years since I left for Jerusalem and I can hardly believe it! While we were there though we got the chance to get together with my roommates from my second year at Utah State. It was a lot of fun to see everybody and to catch up. We met at Wheeler farm. Lucky for us it was American Family Insurance day and they had bounce slides, snow cones, games, and hot dogs for FREE. We picked a great day to go. The kids had a great time while the adults talked:)
Feeding the ducks at Wheeler park.
Old roommies - Breanne, Brooke, Kristie, & Debbie
Ady with Clifford:) I was impressed that she walked right up to him and gave him a hug.
I don't know who this dog is:)
We stayed with Debbie and Rez and their cute little girls. They have 4 girls and their two middle ones are the same age as my girls. The girls had sooooo much fun playing together and weren't very happy when it was time for us to go.
These are the girls standing in the order of their ages. Debbie's girls are a lot taller than my girls. The one on the right is the oldest, the next two are both 4 years-old and the last two are both two years-old.

Debbie was nice enough to watch our girls while we headed to my JC reunion. It was a lot of fun to see so many people that I haven't seen forever. I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to remember anybody because it had been so long but it was amazing how the memories came flooding back when I saw everybody (and a lot of the names too).

Jerusalem was truly one of the best experiences in my life and really changed me in a lot of ways. It definitely strengthened my testimony of my Savior. Whenever I think about Jerusalem though I feel a little sadness because I never had closure with the way things ended there. The experiences that I had while I was there were so amazing and they are things that I will never forget. I look forward to the day that I can go back and finish my trip that was cut short. I also look forward to sharing that experience with my husband. One day I will get there...until then thanks to all of those who made that experience the greatest!

2 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

still sad I missed the reunion. I can't wait to go back either. Just have to figure out how to stay in the amazing center again!

cjaster said...

Deb, you have tall girls! Jealous you two got to hang out. Looks like a fun weekend.