background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Firsts

Sadie and Stockton had their first taste of food at the beginning of August. This was a day that Stockton has been waiting for for a long time! He has been very interested in food and watched every bite we would take.
Getting ready for the first taste.
Sadie's first bite...she wasn't such a big fan.
Stockton's first bite...he loved it and wanted more!

All done! They did pretty well, especially Stockton. After their first food it was definitely time for a bath.

Ady has been SO excited about starting Kindergarten. The night before she got really nervous. She said to me "mommy, I am not going to be your big helper any more" and then burst into tears. She knew that she wasn't going to be home to help me with the babies anymore. It was pretty sweet. Once they were in bed Ady kept telling Emma that she really needed to go to sleep because she had a really big day the next day.
Ady's first day of school.
She did great. I was really nervous for her but she didn't even cry...and neither did I. When we had gone to look at the class lists to see who she would have I got a little teared up so I was nervous but it all went great!
Ady & Emma on the first day of school.
Emma was quite lost with out Ady around. For the first couple of weeks she would ask me as soon as we dropped Ady off when she was going to be home again.
Since Ady started school Emma has been dying to start her own school. She gets to start preschool this year and today was her first day. She got to go with Ady last year a little bit when I was on bedrest so it is nice because she is familiar with the school and the teacher. Last night in her prayers she said "bless me that I can go to preschool tomorrow and that my mommy can take a picture of me!" Here is Emma on her first day of school.
She got her back pack on as soon as Ady left for school even though she didn't have to go for another 20 minutes. She was ready to hit the road!
These are the other little girls that we are going to be car pooling with. As soon as the car pulled up she RAN out the door. What a cute little girl.

It has been fun having Ady in school. She comes home so excited about everything that she is learning. It is fun to see her enthusiasm about learning and reading. I can hardly believe that she is old enough to be in school. Time sure does fly by. I am sad to have her gone all day but she was definitely ready for it. She told us after the first week of school that she was sad she couldn't go on Saturday:)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

All your kids are so cute! Can you believe we have kindergarteners? Kennedy loves it so it makes it easy on me. Your babies are getting so big!