background

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Some Random Thoughts & Pictures!

I have really been trying to stay on top of my blogging even though life is crazy right now. My memory only lasts for so long these days and I really don't want to forget some of the things that are going on. The other day I was talking about the birth of the twins and realized that I am already starting to forget some of the details. I am glad that I have it written down somewhere so that I can at least find the information again!

Last week we took all of the kids to get flu shots. I had told Ady that we were getting them and she was counting down the days. We ended up getting them a day before I had told her (which was probably good). Ben had already had his so the other 5 of us had to get them. When we pulled up to the building Ady started crying...before we could even get out of the car. Emma, who loves to follow Ady's example, did pretty much the same thing. It took a while for us to get all of the paper work filled out and then we had to wait a few minutes. The girls were complete basket cases. They were crying nonstop so Ben took them on a walk while we waited. When it was finally our turn the babies went first and then it was time for Ady & Emma. Ady screamed and fought with me as I tried to hold her down. She finally calmed when the nurse started asking her about school. When it was Emma's turn she took of running down the hall. I had to literally chase the girl through the halls and bring her back screaming. She wouldn't calm down so we just did the shot. It was one of the most hilarious experiences. Later that night I asked Emma about it and she couldn't even remember where she had gotten her shot. Ady, however, kept her bandaid for two days! I guess I have learned my lesson about telling them the truth about getting shots...next time I will just keep it to myself!
Ady taking the babies on a walk around the front room. Sadie enjoyed it but Stockton's stroller was a little small and he was happy to get out.
Getting ready for bed!
I have a lot of jammies for Sadie but not a lot for Stockton. I haven't really wanted to buy more since they grow so fast so occasionally Stockton will have to wear girl jammies. These ones just cracked me up because although they are green, they are very girlie with ruffles and bows and cute little ballet shoes.
He is still handsome...even if he has to wear girl jammies every once in a while.
Stockton enjoying some dinner.
Sadie doing the same.

We have had an interesting few days (like 5...and maybe more to come). I fed the babies prunes last Friday and they have pooed nonstop ever since. I am sure I can't completely blame that on the prunes but it all started Friday afternoon. I went through 3 outfits each on Friday, 2 each on Saturday (including emergency baths for both just as we were trying to get out of the house), 2 each on Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday! It has been non stop for the past 5 days and is driving me crazy! I will be excited when this phase passes:)
All of the kids in the tub. This isn't how we actually do it even though we usually bathe them all at the same time. The babies are still in their infant tubs but we stuck them in the big tub for a minute in between their tubbies.
Stockton quite enjoyed himself...just lounging around in the tub. I need to start washing them in the big tub because Stockton especially loves to splash and always makes a BIG mess!
Emma's silly hair!
Ady's silly hair!
On Sunday Emma wrote her name for the first time. It was pretty exciting. This is her showing it off. She didn't write Ady but she does know how to wrote her A's and her Y's.
Ady of course wanted a picture of her writing her names as well!

1 comments:

Lacy J. said...

Shots for the whole fam? Fun!;) Can't wait to see you guys in about a month!