background

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

8 months old and other happenings

Time is just flying by. My babies are eight months old and my older girls are growing just as fast!
Stockton playing outside.
Ady has been taking Hula lessons for the last little while and was very excited for her dance performance.
They did 4 different numbers and had to change their clothes for each.
She had a lot of fun and did a great job!

Emma makes lots of hats at school so we have to take a picture of each one! This is her modeling her turkey hat for Thanksgiving.
One morning I went in to check on the babies because there weren't awake yet and this is how I found Stockton! It made me wonder what he was dreaming about:)
Ben has a friend that he has known for a long time who likes to watch BYU sports with Ben. Ben invited him over one night to watch a basketball game when I had Mutual at the church. When I came home they were watching Dancing With The Stars. I don't think that it was Ben's idea to change the channel.

Sadie and Stockton just playing. Sadie is a good sitter but Stockton doesn't last real long. He usually ends up tipping over at some point so we try to use a bumbo or boopy.
I have always bought my baby food, but this time around having two it is a lot more expensive. After doing a little research I have been making my own baby food. It does take a little while but it isn't too bad. We usually do sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, peaches, and apricots.
I had to document this process for my own sake. This night we ended up making 42 containers, which would normally cost $21, and I made it for about $4. Most of the stuff (not sweet potatoes or peaches) came out of our garden. It has been kind of nice being resourceful!
Stockton & Sadie at 8 months old. They are growing and changing so fast. I keep asking them to stop but they won't. I wish I could slow things down because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this stage. They are SO much fun right now.
Sadie at 8 months:
sits by herself
has two bottom teeth
loves to laugh
loves to spit!
loves to talk and says dadadadadada all the time (she started first)
likes to take toys from her brother (it is already starting!)
rolls over
always wants to stand
Stockton at 8 months:
is a lazy sitter (he always tips over)
loves to laugh and smile at everybody
sleeps on his belly at night (when you walk in in the morning you see a little head pop up over the top of the crib...it always makes me smile)
rolls and twists around in circles (the first time he rolled a lot was at church and he rolled all of the way up the aisle!)
loves to eat...he is like a little bird and his mouth just pops open
has started spitting his food out (or spitting with his mouth full)
talks a lot (and has started saying dadadadada also)
My big sitters. It is fun that they can sit because they can interact more.
Here is a perfect example. They are just sitting and having fun. When Stockton gets excited his legs start going and his hands and then...
He tips over! Usually it isn't a big deal but occasionally he hits a little hard!
Just hanging out in their cute jammies! If I ever ask Ady to get jammies for the babies she will pick these ones out and then her and Emma wear their Tinkerbell jammies so they can all "match".
I'm Big, I'm Bad, I'm Bad, I'm Big...
and I'm gonna eat a Pig!
Another one of Emma's cute preschool hats!

0 comments: