background

Monday, July 30, 2012

San Diego...middle of the week


Stockton laying with Tanner to drink his bottle.
Sadie playing with Connor.
Austin, Isak, Ady, & Landon taking turns playing the IPad. 
My cute little Emma girl:)
We took the kids to the Mormon Battalion museum.  They had a lot of fun learning about the Mormon Battalion and experiencing some of what they went through.

At the end the kids got to pan for gold, pump water, and make bricks.  The kids had a great time.
Ady & Emma showing off their gold!
Panning for gold.

All of the grandkids on my side that came on the trip.  We were missing four others.
The best family picture we have had in a long time!
My girls are SOOOO into their older girl cousins right now.  They loved playing with Kalli & Whitnee in San Diego.  I am glad that they have some good examples on both sides of the family for them to look up to.
After the museum we headed to Old Town San Diego.  The one place that we had to hit up was the candy shop.  That was pretty much the only stop that we made besides the lawn where we sat and ate our candy!
When we got back to the beach house it was once again a gorgeous day so we headed out to the beach to catch a few waves and play in the sand.
Sadie loved the sand.  I am not sure what this face is for:)

On her way to collect some sea shells I think!






Before dinner we decided to walk down to the pier.  Somebody had caught these three star fish while we were there.  The top one is holding a fish.  It was kind of cool to see.  Of course they had to throw them back in.
While we were oohing and aahing over the starfish they told us that somebody had just caught a shark.  I know that they are in the ocean but I still don't like to think that they are really that close to the shore. 
Sadie wasn't quite sure about the shark. I kept thinking that it was going to bite Ben...even with the large slash through the head!

0 comments: