background

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The rest of our Summer...one big party!

When we got back from San Diego we had even more time with our cousins. 
The girls put on some dances for us in Pine Valley.  They did such a good job and Whitnee was so nice to teach the girls all her moves:)
We got to go to Anti Gravity and play on the trampolines.  They had so much fun!
Sadie trying on some awesome glasses.
Stockton had to have a turn as well:)
Emma had to get in on the action as well!
This kid cracks me.  First of all he is always getting into things.  He loves the broom and always seems to find it no matter where I hide it.  He also loves to walk around with stuff hanging out of his mouth.  There is always entertainment (and usually noise) when Stockton is around.
At the end of June we poured some concrete on the side of our house to make a wider walk way and a bigger place for our kids to ride their bikes.  It turned out so nice...even though it was incredibly hot!  Ben's dad came over to help us get the project done.
I have been attempting to run this summer but I have to go very early in the morning.  One morning after the run there was the most beautiful sunrise over the temple.  This picture doesn't even come close to capturing how pretty it was but I had to give it a shot!
We celebrated the 4th of July which is one of my favorite holidays.  We started off by having brunch and swimming at my parents house.  We had a BBQ later at Ben's sisters house and then headed back to our house to meet up with my family to watch the fireworks.  We had ice cream and did sparklers while we were waiting for the city fire works.  They were great this year!
Ben helping the kids get the sparklers going.  Ady & Emma were afraid at first but finally decided to give them a try.
Sadie & Stockton giving the swing a try...together!  I finally got the swings out of my house but until then I kept finding the twins like this.  They could get in but then they couldn't get back out.  It made me laugh!
In the middle of July the girls had a cousin come and stay with us for 5 nights while her parents went on a Trek.  Aunika is 4 years old and the girls were so excited to have a friend here all the time.   They played and played and had so much fun.  When it was time for her to go home I asked if she wanted to stay another night or go home and she said she wanted to stay.  I think she was happy to see her mom and dad though!
On Aunkia's last night we had another cousin show up to stay with us.  Whitney came to hang out for a few days and the girls loved having her with us.  She stayed for 4 nights and Ben and I took advantage.  We went to a movie one night and then went out to dinner another night.  She had so much fun playing with the twins.  When I would ask Sadie where Whitney was she was say "Litney" and point.  It is really cute!
Sadie & Stockton love playing outside.
The only problem with the slide is that they sometimes push each other down and neither of them like that!
While Whitney was here we all went to see Aladdin at Tuacahn.  It was excellent. 
Sadie running to catch up with the girls.  She was so excited to see them coming down the street.
What cute girls!
Sadie and Stockton helping us put away our groceries.  They are such a big help!
Once again helping us out by unloading the drawers.  Apparently they found where I hide the snacks!
The girls had so much fun with all of the cousins that when they finally sat still for a minute they were zonked!  It has seriously been three weeks of sleepovers and late nights with cousins.  After Whitney left the rest of our Blanding cousins came to town and the girls were pretty much inseparable for the next 10 days. 
Once again for the 24th of July we headed to Enterprise.  This year though I decided to run the race as well.  When they dropped us off at the start line it started pouring on us.  Thankfully it only lasted for about 10 minutes but we were pretty wet.  Over all the race went well.  I did the 5K and Ben did the 10K.  The twins hung out with Ben's sister. 
Stockton cheering us on!
Sadie wanting to run the race with us:)  When they saw me run by I could hear them calling "mama, mama".  It was pretty cute.
There were 16 of us that ran the race.  For the first time in a long time Ben was the only brother that ran and the only one that ran the 10K.  All of the sisters in Ben's family ran it though plus two of the sister-in-laws. 

Ben & I after the race.  He ran twice as far as I did and looks way better!
After the race there was a parade and the kids got a TON of candy.  When they got back they laid it all out and divided it all into piles and then distributed it equally between all of the kids.  Pretty much all of the kids wore their "Team Neumann" t-shirts from the IronMan. 
Stockton finally sat still long enough to get a small nap.  Another one of Ben's sister got Sadie to sleep and then I held my niece, Taetum, who is the same age, and got her to sleep.  It is hard without cribs and my kids won't sleep with me holding them so we had to mix them all around. 
Sadie having fun exploring.
After lunch the kids went down to the money dive.  This was Ady's first year to actually do it.  Emma ended up falling asleep after a rather tragic sliver incident.  She had two enormous pine needles through her foot.  It was traumatic enough for me and I was just holding her while the others performed the "surgery".
They make a pool out of a large tarp and tires and then they throw money in and the kids get to find them.  It wasn't a very warm day but they didn't even hesitate to get in.  Ady ended up finding over $3 in coins and she was very excited!
We had a great 24th of July and had so much fun.  The girls loved playing with all of their cousins!
Sadie & Stockton these days are so entertaining and busy and into everything!  Right now they really love to play with each other...and fight with each other.  They just always seem to want the same thing:)  They love to play in the curtains and play hide and seek and they love to chase each other around one of our chairs.  They are definitely busy these days!
The day after we got back from our Enterprise trip Ben surprised with a trip to Las Vegas.  He arranged to have one of his sisters stay at our house with the kids so that we could get away for a night.  It was just what I needed. 
We went and saw Surf the Musical.  It was really good and a lot of fun.  It is made up of songs by the Beach Boys.
We walked around the strip for a little while after the show.  It has been SOOOO long since I have been to the Las Vegas Strip and it has changed quite a bit.  There are a lot of new hotels. 
My favorite still has to be the gardens in the Bellagio and the water show.  It is so beautiful and I love to watch it.  
We had a lot of fun and it was nice to get away even for just a day.  The twins did great while we were gone and I don't even think that Ady & Emma knew we were gone.  They had fun with their cousins at our house and Ben and I got a much needed break. 

We have had a great summer but I am looking forward to getting back to a normal routine once again. 

0 comments: