background

Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Day!

Every year I think that I am going to be more prepared for Christmas but no matter how hard I try it just never seems to happen.  I started working on things for Christmas a long time ago but I was still doing things at the last minute.  I guess that is what happens when I try to make a lot of things!

We had a fun Christmas Eve.  Once again we had breakfast at with the Beckstrom side of the family and hung out for a while.  For some reason my family loves trivia and quizzes and so my brother usually has a quiz for us all to take on Christmas Eve.  This year the topic was "Famous Quotes".  What can I say...we are a nerdy family!  We watched a few old family videos from Christmas's of ago and had some good laughs.  

Later that day we went to the Neumann's to and saw everybody on that side of the family.  There was lots of excitement in the air.  After we went back to my parents and had our Christmas Eve program.  Ady was supposed to be Mary but at the last moment burst into tears and decided she couldn't do it.  My mom and to step in and do the part!  We sang Christmas songs and just had a relaxing time.

We headed back to our house so the kids could get to bed before Santa arrived.  My parents stayed at our house this year and my kids were way excited to have them here.  We headed outside just before bed so we could look for Rudolph's nose.  We were pretty sure we saw it so the kids had to hurry to bed so they could fall asleep.  
Ady & Emma each got to pick out a cookie for Santa and they carefully placed them by the fire as they debated if he would be coming down the chimney or through the front door.
All of the kids by the tree on the Night Before Christmas!  Can you see their enthusiasm?  Ady was SO excited!
The next morning I went out front to check and see if Santa had made it and this is what I saw.


The kids waiting to come out front and see what Santa had brought them.
The first thing Stockton saw was his basketball hoop and this is pretty much all he wanted to do for the rest of the morning.  He LOVES balls!
Ady got her very own sewing machine!
Stockton opening one of his presents.
The girls main present was a closet for their dress ups plus a lot of new dress ups. This was one of those projects that we were working on until the last minute.  My mom and I made them about 15 new dress ups and then Ben and I remodeled an old dresser and turned it into an close for their dress ups.  It turned out really cute!
For the babies I made them each new minkie blankies.  They were very excited about them.
Stockton even had to try his out as soon as he got it opened!  He loved his with tractors on it.
When we got finished opening presents there were two notes on the tree.  One said to go outside and that mom and dad had a surprise for the kids. The girls were pretty excited about their new 4-wheeler.  
And Ben made trains that will be pulled behind a really 4-wheeler (another project he was working on up until the last minute).

The other note said that Santa had left something in the backyard that was too big to fit in the house. 
The kids got a new trampoline and had so much fun trying it out!
The girls were super excited about their dress ups and wanted to try a couple of them on first thing.  Aren't they beautiful princesses!  Sadie really wanted one on to so we put one on her and then Stockton thought that he needed one as well (poor boy is going to grow up wanting to be just like his sisters).
We took the train cars with us to the Neumann's when we went over for breakfast and to open presents there.  
They were a huge hit!
So far we have only made 2 but we have everything to make 4 more so that everybody can ride!
Grandma Hunt now lives at Ben's parents house so we got to watch her open her presents as well.  It is fun to get to see her a lot more often!
Sarah and I taking our turn in the train cars.
Even grandma & grandpa Neumann went for a ride.  They have the perfect street for it!
Next we went over to my parents for Christmas dinner. We once again took the train cars and they were again a big hit. 
We could fit almost all of the grandkids between the 4-wheeler and the two train cars.
They had so much fun and kept wanting to go.
We finally had to pull them all out when it got so cold.  
We had a great Christmas.  I was sad to see the day end but Ady told me that "Today was the best day EVER!"  It was fun seeing her excitement and Emma's as well.  This was my favorite Christmas with my kids so far.  They were all so much fun and I look forward to many more to come.  

0 comments: