background

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thanksgiving

I started this post forever ago and just realized that I never posted it.  Here is a look back at our Thanksgiving celebrations!

The girls with some cousins sound asleep on the floor.  They looked so comfortable.
Sadie & Stockton enjoying a little snack.
This girls is obsessed with shoes and always has to be wearing somebody else's shoes.  They usually match but this time she found two that didn't go very well together:)  The bad thing is that I can never find my shoes because she has always wondering off with them.
Stockton tries but isn't quite as good at walking in shoes that are way too big for him.  He looks so cute with Ady's mudder boots on thought:)
This boy is fascinated with vacuums.  Yes, that is right, he LOVES vacuums.  He hauls it around everywhere he goes around the house and has gotten stuck turning corners and down hallways many times.  First thing in the morning he usually runs out and says "abuum, abuum" and pulls it right out.  
I even caught him riding it a few days ago (and many times since).  Who needs a motorcycle when you have a vacuum. The best is the other day I was talking to Ben and Stockton was doing his thing with the vacuum behind Ben.  Nobody was paying any attention to Stockton and I watched as he bent down and gave the vacuum a KISS!  It was hilarious and very tender:)
They LOVE their horses (although they seem to fight over the same horse ALWAYS).  There isn't necessarily a favorite horse...just the one that they other kid is on!
On Thanksgiving morning a friend of ours brought us over some delicious little turkeys. I told her that they were way too cute to eat (but we ate them anyway and they were delicious).  Maybe I will try to make these next year...
I love that our house is full of toys but the second an empty box comes into the house it is automatically they new favorite toy and the thing that everybody wants to play with!  Why can't life just stay so simple?
So every year for I don't even know how many years (probably since Ben has been living on his own) his grandpa Hunt would make Ben his very own pumpkin pie.  He would always bring 2-3 pies for Thanksgiving dinner and then one that he would set aside just for Ben to take home with him because Ben LOVES pumpkin pie.  This year since grandpa wasn't around to make Ben his pie my cute niece decided to step in take up the challenge of making grandpa's famous pumpkin pie.  She made one pie for everybody to share and one pie just for Ben.  Thanks Whitney...it made Ben's Thanksgiving!
Of course after eating all of that food Ben was ready for a nap (I was just wondering why he got a nap and I didn't...I guess one of us had to take care of all of our children!)
Stockton feeling big climbing up the rock at the Neumanns.
My nephew showed us his amazing jumping skills by jumping over Ady & Emma.  It made me a little nervous but nobody got hurt:)
Then all of the kids had a dance party to work off their Thanksgiving dinner and make more room for dessert!
Even Sadie & Stockton got into the fun!
Stockton playing with his cousin.
Marci with Sadie & Taetum.  These two little girls love playing together.
Jaxon & Taetum outside enjoying the beautiful weather.  Thanksgiving was gorgeous and we had fun spending a lot of it outside.
Ben and I have been working on putting up our Christmas lights ever since Halloween.  We LOVE Christmas and were excited to add all of our new lights to our collection.  We added quite a bit of new things this year and it turned out really good.  We invited all of Ben's family over for our own little lighting ceremony (just for fun).  We admired the lights at our house, had treats and then went on a walk to the Temple to see the lights there.  It was fun and our house turned out looking great.  It will look even better once all of the leaves fall off (who knows when that will happen since it has been so warm...but I am not complaining).
Most of the Neumann grandkids on the steps of the Temple.
The little kids didn't get to climb the stairs and they weren't happy about that:(
Stockton hanging out with Dallin.  Next Christmas Dallin will be on his mission...CRAZY!
On Saturday we went and cut down our Christmas tree in the morning and then headed to the park to play in the afternoon.  Ben's sister, Marci, kept the twins for us so we didn't have to pack them all over the mountain.  We had fun going with the Coopers and we found 3 beautiful trees.  The kids loved the donuts and hot chocolate afterward (although we REALLY didn't need hot chocolate since it was so warm)!
Everybody had fun at the park.
Stockton got his very first hair cut.  He has been needing it for a while but Ben was protesting.  Ben went on a bike ride so I decided it was a good time to get a trim. 
He didn't especially love the experience but for the most part he did well.  We did give him a break half way through.
He looked so grown up with his new hair cut:)


On Monday we finally got our tree up and decorated.  This is the first year that the girls have really helped me decorate and they loved it!  They kept saying how much fun it was.  Needless to say I have a lot of ornaments on the lower limbs:)
They did pull some stools out so they could reach a little higher.   
When the twins woke up the next morning they were quite fascinated with the tree.  Thankfully they only took a few of the ornaments off!  Now they don't really touch it.  

0 comments: