background

Monday, November 26, 2012

Snow Canyon Half

The Saturday after Thanksgiving Ben ran the Snow Canyon Half Marathon, I ran the 5K, Ady ran the 1/2 mile, and Emma ran the 200 meter.  The girls were really excited for their race.  We all did great.  Ben did his best 1/2 ever and I did a little faster that I was expecting as well.
Ben approaching the finish line.
Emma & Ady getting ready for their races.
Ady stretching out before her race was starting.  
Ady off to a good start.  They ran down the road a little ways and then turned around and finished around the track.  I totally missed her on her way back and was still watching for her when I heard her name announced that she had finished.
Emma got a little nervous before her race started but did great once they got started.
Emma getting ready to cross the finish line.  
The girls had shoe timers on just like us and had to stop and get them cut off.
They also received the exact same medal that Ben got for completing his 1/2 marathon.  Now they need their own shelf to hang all of their medals from:)
Ady & Emma with the finish line behind them.  They both had so much fun and can't wait for the next race they can run.
It was fun to do it as a family.

0 comments: