background

Thursday, November 1, 2012

More of October

Now that it has finally started to cool down I have been packing away the summer clothes and getting out the winter stuff.  
This is a lot of the boxes that I have been packing up and organizing!  It  takes a  lot of work but it also saves a lot of money.
I really shouldn't show this picture because I would like everybody to think that I am on top of everything at my house...but it just isn't true.  I ABSOLUTELY HATE doing laundry.  I feels like it is never ending.  This is my pile before I get started and my laundry baskets lined up to help me sort it.  Thankfully my girls are getting old enough that they can put away their own clothes once they are sorted.
Ben has been wanting to add another sprinkler line to water our garden but it was just too hot.  He finally got around to it and the kids loved playing in the hole.
Stockton especially loved climbing in and out...which I don't think Ben really liked since he usually filled the hole a bit each time.
The other day we were cleaning up and I noticed a little blue oozing from Sadie's mouth.   She had bitten the top off of a marker and was apparently enjoying the nice taste.  When I went to investigate she was NOT very happy.  Of course I had to document it before I cleaned her up.
She also had it all over her hands.
Sadie has been walking around in Princess shoes for quite a while.  She LOVES shoes and is always trying everybody's on.  Stockton has just recently found Princess shoes and is not nearly as good at walking in them.  
He was a little frustrated because his shoe kept falling off.  
For our Fall Break we headed up to Pine Valley.  It was so nice and relaxing.
We spent time in the garden digging potatoes and collecting all of the tomatoes that hadn't frozen.  Stockton  found a few things to eat while he was down there...for some reason he was liking the green tomatoes:(
Sadie helping gather the tomatoes.
Stockton riding on the big tractor with grandpa.  He was not very happy when I took him off.  He loved the big "nun nun".
This was an enormous potato that we got from the garden.  We made a potato salad out of it and it easily fed 10 of us!
That is one BIG potato!
We also got to go on a LONG 4-wheeler ride.  The kids had so much fun and were great. 
The girls of course had to ride with Grandma.  (I love Emma's glasses by the way)!
A few weeks ago I was at the park and I met a girl who has triplets that are the same age as my twins.  We got talking and it was so fun to talk to somebody who is having a similar experience as me right now.  
We decided to get together and have a play date.  It was really fun and the kids got along really well.  
They especially loved the sand when the finally found it.  It is amazing how much fun a sand box can be (or an old garden bed).  I really need to get an "official" sand box.
Sadie & Stockton going on a walk.  They love to be outside and take every chance they can get.

0 comments: