background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

April catch up...Conference, Easter, and more

Stockton & Sadie enjoying their bottles.  They love to crawl all over the bean bag these days.  They crawl up it and then roll around on it.
This is the way that we function these days.  I love that they can feed themselves finger foods.  I give them food while I am getting dinner ready and everybody is happy!
The IronMan is slowly approaching and Ben has been training like crazy.  He has said all along that the month of March was going to be his biggest month and it was a huge.  He biked over 700 miles, ran over 200 miles, and swam almost 15 miles for a total of almost 80 hours during the month.  On the website where he tracks all of his training he was number 1 for the month out of several hundred.  Can I just say how excited I am that this will all be over with in 3 weeks from today!!!  It will be nice to have a husband again:)
For General Conference we headed up to Pine Valley.  It was nice and sunny on Saturday but on Sunday we woke up to it snowing.  It snowed on and off the entire day.  It was so pretty.  We had a turkey dinner that day and we all joked that it was Thanksgiving...it sure felt like it:)
Isak, Ady, & Emma out playing in the snow.  They loved it!
We stuck all of the little kids in my parents room to watch a movie during conference. 
The girls were so excited about their Easter Egg Hunts at school.  They got to pick out what candy they wanted to take and then fill them all by themselves.   They are sure growing up.
I made it to watch Emma's Easter egg hunt at preschool but I couldn't fit the stroller through the gate so I just stood and watched from a distance.  Sadie and Stockton didn't appreciate it when I walked away for a minute.
Emma with all of her booty.
Then we got to color eggs.  I haven't done this with my girls in a long time...maybe never.  I really don't remember doing it with them so they had a great time. 
They had a little help from the cousin who was over:)
On Saturday we had an Easter picnic and egg hung.  We had to start with the egg hunt because the kids were just too excited.  We do it in two heats so that they little kids don't have to compete with the big kids.  The little kids got to go first.
And they are off!






Sadie and Stockton even got in on the action!
The little kids showing off all of their goodies.
Then it was time for the big kids.
After we headed over for another Easter egg hunt with the Neumanns.  It was a beautiful day so we all enjoyed sitting outside in the sunshine.  Stockton had fun hanging out with his grandpa:)
Stockton has become quite the mama's boy lately...but he still loves his daddy too!
Sadie hanging out with Aunt Mamy (as we call her in our house) and Aunt Kourtnie.

Sadie and Taetum
Emma got a little too much attention and got emotional.  She is my shy little sweet girl and doesn't enjoy the spotlight:)
Kolby and Sadie playing.
Uncle Ty with Ady, Taetum and Emma
Then it was time for another Easter egg hunt. 
After both hunts we came away with more candy than we wanted.  It should last us until Halloween:)
On Sunday morning the kids woke up to what the Easter bunny had left them.  They all got new jammies and new church clothes. 
Sadie & Stockton sporting their new outfits and their leg warmers.  I always try to keep their knees covered when they are crawling everywhere. 
I didn't have much time to get a picture before we went to church and as you can see they weren't really wanting to cooperate for the picture anyway. 
After church we tried to get a few more pictures...or should I saw that I tried to get a few more pictures since Ben doesn't get to come home with me after church for the time being.  They were a little happier but hard to keep still after sitting for 3 hours:)
My cute kiddos in their Easter outfits.
Even though they aren't all looking I love how cute each of them look in this picture.
We had a fun Easter Sunday and were so glad for the nice weather.  We spent most of the weekend outside.  Ady also got two days out of school so we got to go to the park lots and play with friends. 
This is how Ady writes her name.  I think that it is so cute that she already does the heart above the "i" in her name.  I don't know where she learned it from but a couple months ago she started doing it.
Here are my little trouble makers!  I am scared for what is to come:)
I just barely found them going through a cabinet in my bathroom and they had it's contents spread out throughout the ENTIRE bathroom.  Time to put locks on everything I guess!!!

1 comments:

Andi said...

Your kids are so darling...and are getting so big! Hope you guys are doing well!!