I can hardly believe that a year has
already gone by! These two babies have changed our lives SO much and I
am so grateful for it. I have LOVED the last year...even though my hair
has suffered! It is official...I have not used a blow dryer in over a
year now:)
Since we decided to
wait a couple of days to celebrate Sadie & Stockton's birthday we
spent their actual birthday with some friends to celebrate one of their
birthdays.
![]() |
| They each opened one present. Stockton got a Blue Angels airplane (Ady & Emma were both VERY jealous). |
![]() |
| Sadie got a Belle baby doll that Ady & Emma picked out for her. |
![]() |
| They both got one more present that they got to open together...or as you can see that Ady got to open. |
![]() |
| Of course I have taken a picture every month of these two and then I for got on their 1st birthday! Ben snapped a few as I was getting the girls to be so this is what we have! |
![]() |
| The babies could fit their heads through the bars on our railing so Ben and I added a screen all the way around so that it I don't have to worry about them falling through those as well:) |
A
couple of days after their real birthday we had a birthday party for
them at the park. Earlier that morning I took them both to the doctor
for their one year check up. Here are their current stats:
Sadie
18 pounds 4.5 ounces - 10th percentile
28 inches tall - 21st percentile
Sadie still has only two teeth (she got her first teeth in November).
Sadie can say Mama and Daddy and says ohh ohh whenever she seems something she likes.
Stockton
20 pounds 5 ounces - 15th percentile
29.5 inches tall - 42nd percentile
Stockton got his first tooth one week before he turned 1 and his second tooth a couple of days after.
Stockton can say Mama and Daddy but his favorite word is Ady! Sometimes I think he says doggy also.
They
both crawl everywhere and pull themselves up on everything. They will
follow me around and when I stop they pull themselves up on my legs and
just stand there.
They both talk all
the time but Stockton is especially loud. Usually the first thing I
hear when he wakes up in the morning is "Ady...Ady". It was funny, one
day in the last week I heard them talking and I went in and it was just
Sadie. Stockton was still sleeping so I left him there. When I went
back later to get him after he woke up he looked at me and then hurried
over to the side of his crib that is next to Sadie's crib and pointed
and said something and looked at me. It was really funny. He couldn't
figure out where she had gone!
Here is one more funny story.
Stockton always seems to find this one ball that we have that fits just
perfectly in his mouth. I always put it away and it seems to always
reappear. One day him and Sadie were fighting over it and eventually
Stockton let her have it. I was watching her with it for a minute and
she kept trying to put it in her mouth but it was too big to fit in her
mouth even though it fits in Stockton's. It was so interesting to watch
her as she tried over and over to get it in her mouth. I could see her
trying to process why this ball would fit in Stockton's mouth and not
her own. Since she couldn't crawl with it in her hand she finally gave
up and just put the ball down and crawled off...a little frustrated!
We did Sadie and Stockton's birthday party at a local park since it was such beautiful weather.
![]() |
| Stockton playing with grandma Beckstrom |
![]() |
| Sadie playing with Aunt Amy |
![]() |
| We were all singing Happy Birthday when it happened and it pretty much fizzled out as we tried to calm Stockton down. |
![]() |
| Sadie liked her cake and started digging in right away. |
![]() |
| It took Stockton some coaxing to get him interested in the cake. |
![]() |
| Ben decided to help him out a little bit. He still never really got into it. |
![]() |
| Sadie just sat and nibbled at it. It was pretty cute. |
![]() |
| Sadie also enjoyed an ice cream cone and she got it EVERYWHERE! |
![]() |
| Stockton
was not so much a fan of the ice cream cone...once again I think it all
had to do with the new blister that was forming on his arm. |
![]() |
| Next
it was time to open presents. Of course they required a lot of help
but they got some really fun toys, new swim suits, and some bouncy
balls. |
![]() |
| They loved their new train and it was the first thing that finally got Stockton to perk up after the accident. |
![]() |
| Ben is very proud of this picture. The only thing Ben wanted Stockton to get was a dump truck for his birthday. Ben is excited to finally be able to buy some boy toys! |





























1 comments:
Those are priceless!! I can't believe they are one...even my sister stalks your blog and is always going on about how cute your kids are!! :) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment