background

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What have we been up to?

 Sadie and Stockton continue to sleep great.  Rarely do they ever wake up at night and usually if I do hear them they go right back to sleep.  Probably a month ago I woke up at about 2:00 am to them talking to each other in their room.  They were laughing and jabbering back and forth for about 10 minutes.  All of a sudden it was quite and they were both back to sleep.  It was pretty cute...and worth waking up for:)
It is kind of hard to see in this picture but Sadie has some AWESOME bed hair going on.  For not having much hair she gets it crazy sometimes. 
Here is an example of Stockton's bed hair.  He has LOTS more hair than any of my girls have ever had at this age. 
On April 12th Ben decided it was time to take off Ady's training wheels.  He had worked with her a bit at his parents house on an old bike several months ago and we finally got around to working with her again. 
She did amazing and was SO good.  She was quite pleased with herself. For days she would ask to ride in the morning before school and then as soon as she got home. 
Sadie and Stockton hung out in the back of the truck while we were working with the girls.  It was a perfect location.
The only problem was they kept finding treasures in the back of the truck that we really didn't want them to have:)
Ady did have one frustrating moment and almost gave up...but she eventually got back on and started going again.
Working with Ady got Emma excited about riding her bike again.  She got the bike for Christmas but after a few bike rides she didn't want to get back on again.  She still can't figure out the brakes very well and would rather just bail off the bike than put the brakes on.  We will keep practicing.
Ady practicing her skills.
Sadie and Stockton watching all of the action (I am pretty sure there is something in his mouth)!
Sadie and Stockton have been up to a lot of mischief lately.  It seems like every time I turn my back they are into something.  With the weather being so beautiful I let them play on our deck a lot cause I can just leave the door open.  The girls also like to have picnics for lunch.  One day I left the girls picnic table out and when I went to check on the babies this is where I found them.  I had to grab my camera before I grabbed them.
It appears to me that in most situations Stockton is the one who comes up with the idea and then Sadie decides to go along with it.
Sadie climbing up next to Stockton.
In the mornings that I am home I get the girls ready and out the door.  I have a carpool so other people having been taking my kids to school on the days I am home.  I usually take the girls out and get them buckled in and the babies follow me out the door and crawl down the driveway (and get filthy).  They LOVE being outside.  When I make them come back in they don't appreciate it too much.
Sadie & Stockton waiting at the door trying to get out!

Another day I was doing laundry and switching the wash into the dryer.  I turned around for a second and Stockton jumped right up to help out.
Stockton had some toy and was banging it around in the washer so that it made lots of noise.
Once again, Sadie decided that it looked like fun and had to join in on the fun.  I think if I would have left them much longer they would have crawled right in!



 
I keep the piano cover closed most of the time but for some reason one of the girls had opened it.
Of course Stockton and Sadie discovered it and loved the beautiful music...or noise that they could make on it.  They definitely keep things lively in our house!
Since the above picture was taken when they were 13 months old I will just throw in a little bit about them right now.  They are EVERYWHERE...that pretty much sums in up!

Sadie loves to walk along everything that she can.  She will take 5 or 6 steps all by herself.  She LOVES dogs or really any animal.  She points to our window and says "doggy" all the time and she gets this cute look on her face and says "oh, oh, oh" and purses her lips.  She also has added "baby" to her vocabulary and loves to give kisses to her babies.  She will also say "hi" (pronounced hiyee) and it is SO adorable).  She has gotten two of her top teeth after having her two bottom teeth for 5 months.
Stockton is into everything.  He has also gotten his two top teeth (and I think another one just broke through this week).  It is funny because he didn't have any teeth until one week before he turned one and then he got four teeth in about 3 or 4 weeks.  He looks so cute with his top teeth and he pulls some funny faces lately!  He also says "doggy" and gets excited to see animals.  He isn't such a fan of walking around and just crawls REALLY fast to get where he wants to go.  He has been waking up too early lately and I haven't been that appreciative.  I try and get him before he wakes Sadie up but as soon as I walk in the room he "runs" over to Sadie's crib and starts pointing at her and yelling...I think that he doesn't want her to miss out.  
Church has gotten crazy the last few weeks...pretty much since conference.  I don't know what we are going to do but I don't see it getting better for quite a while.  They are just so busy and loud.  I have always been able to handle my toddler in sacrament meeting but two is definitely a whole new world.  One week I took one of them out and a few minutes later Ben came out with the other one.  Thankfully our big girls are good.  I have to come up with some good distractions so if you have any tips I would love to hear them.  Last Sunday Stockton would just let out random yells (I think he thought it was too quiet in there).  It felt like the whole ward was staring at us!

 Ben and his brothers do a lot of their training from our house since we live fairly close to the IronMan run course.  Last week was their last long run before the IronMan so I had to get a shot of all of them training together.  Only 11 days to go!!!
The Neumann brothers training - Nick, Ben, Ryan, & Ty 

We had to go outside and watch for them to run by.  The girls took the babies on rides as we were waiting.  The love the wiggle cars!
Another example of Stockton having something in his mouth.  He ALWAYS has something in his mouth...the kid cracks me up!

0 comments: