background

Monday, October 15, 2012

18 Months

I am going to admit that I have been looking forward to this day for MANY months.  Church has gotten to be such a joke that sometimes I wonder why I even try to go, but there is a light at the end of that tunnel.  For about a month Sadie has been going to nursery and been fine. Stockton on the other hand hasn't been such a fan.  The week after they turned 18 months, however, Stockton marched right in and was fine.  I am hoping that it will continue.  Now I just have to survive Sacrament meeting (which is tough enough) but at least I don't have to do all 3 hours!


Sadie & Stockton at 18 months.  They are actually sharing very nicely in this picture:)
Here are their stats as of 18 months old.

Sadie
19 pounds 11 ounces (2nd percentile) and almost 30 inches tall (9th percentile)

Stockton
22 pounds 12 ounces (12th percentile) and 31 inches tall (18th percentile)

Sadie repeats everything we say.  She LOVES to talk and always says "shirt" when we get her dressed and then she runs over and says "shoes" as she grabs them so that she can go "side" (outside).  She now calls Stockton "Talkie".  Our favorite words she says right now are "water bottle" and "seriously".  She says them so cute.  She is a very happy girl and loves to smile at everybody.  She will go to most people (unlike Stockton who won't go to anyone).  She knows a lot of her body parts but my favorites are arm pit and elbow.  Also, whenever you ask her where her nose is she points to it and says "booger" and when you ask her where her fingers are she holds them up in front of her and says "pretty".  My sister-in-law paints her nails everytime she watches her and she loves it.  She loves to run and between her and her brother they are CONSTANTLY on the go!

Stockton says quite a bit.  He also love to go "side" and always asks for his "shoes".  He loves animals but pretty much calls them all "cows".  It was so funny at the rodeo parade a few weeks ago when they saw all of the horses they both started saying "cow, cow". He also makes the cutest barking noise when you ask him what a dog says.  He loves to say "dowdow" (Shadow - our dog) and "uppy" for my sisters dog.  He knows some of his body parts.  Stockton LOVES to scream and has an ear-piercing shrill.  He loves to ride his "bike".  My favorite thing that he does right now is he pretends things are door bells and he walks up to them and says "gong gong".  He makes the funniest sound effects with it.  He even has a spot on the side walk that whenever we walk past it he bends down and does "gong gong".  Sadie has started to do it also.

These two have SOOOO much energy.  They keep me running!  I am just glad that they sleep really well at night...I also sleep well:)  We are so glad to have them in our house...I just wish I had their energy!

2 comments:

Lynette and Anthony said...

They are so cute and getting so big! Wow you amaze me by being able to do 2!

Lacy J. said...

What fun! 18 months has been a good milestone-right?! Miss you and can't wait to see ya in a few!