background

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

September

 I swear the days just keep flying by and I am barely able to keep up (actually, I would say that I am not keeping up with our crazy life these days).

So, as I have mentioned before, I got released from serving in the Young Women's program in my ward. I loved serving in their and miss the girls. On my first week out the girls came and decorated my door with tears and left me tear shaped rice krispies with a nice note from all of them. It was fun pulling in my driveway and seeing this!

In the middle of September our ward had a ward camp out up in Pine Valley.  The kids had fun playing with all of their friends.  I didn't even see the girls most of the night.
Sadie & Stockton were of course very entertaining and very loud throughout the evening.  They are so cute though!

We of course slept at the cabin but went back over the next morning for breakfast.  The kids built them a fort out of tree limbs and had a great time once again.

When we got back to the cabin we finished working on a project that we had started a few weeks earlier.  It turned out looking very nice.  It is weird how we would so much rather do projects up there than at our own house!

Sadie & Stockton liked the new steps we put in so they don't have to roll down the hill any more:)

Up and down!
All the kids had fun going and finding rocks.  They all LOVE the 4-wheelers (or as Sadie & Stockton call them, the "nun nuns"). 
Later that week Ben took the girls to the Rodeo.  They were so excited to go.  Unfortunately, we don't have much cowboy/girl gear at our house but we were able to find some hankies that they were excited to wear and tried them in all different positions.
These girls are growing up so fast.  They are so cute together...when they want to be. 
While they were at the rodeo I stayed home with the twins.  I put them to bed and then spent the next two hours putting away all of the baby clothes they have grown out of over the past 18 months.  Sad to say that they have been piling up in the corner of the babies room for that long.  The only time I have to work on stuff is when the babies are asleep and that is where all of this stuff was.  I moved it all out into the living room and then turned a movie on and sorted everything.  It was so nice to get it all done and to have the babies room MUCH cleaner.  The pile of clothes was almost 5 feet tall!
Later that same week Sadie walked out to the mail box with Emma.  I heard her start crying and by the time I got to her she was covered in tiny ants that were biting her.  She probably had over a hundred bites on her feet and legs.  It was pretty sad.
A couple days later Stockton came down with this...Foot, Hand, Mouth Disease.  He had blister looking sores all over his legs, feet, hands, and a few in and around his mouth.  He looked so sad.
Thankfully Sadie never came down with it because it is veyr contagious and they are always drinking out of each others bottles. 
Stockton came down with this the same day as Ben's grandparents 65th wedding anniversary.  I had to miss out and stay home with the babies but Ben and the girls had a good time.  65 years is a LONG time.  
I love that my kids have some great grandparents that they know and have a relationship with.  They love their great grandma & grandpa Hunt!
I have something that I want to make for the girls for Christmas so we went looking at thrift stores for an old dresser that I could modify.  While we were at the DI Ben found this entertainment center for pretty cheap and we decided it would be perfect for us...we also found what we needed for the girls.  I told Ben that if we bought the entertainment center I was going to paint it some crazy color and he agreed to it.
I decided to go with red.  The girls were more than help to help paint.  When I first started painting I was pretty sure that I was going to end up with a pick entertainment center because the color was so far off.  Thankfully it dried the right color.  I took a hammer and a screw driver to it and had some fun.  Ben and my kids were wondering about what I was doing but it turned out VERY cute.  I put a glaze over it and I think that it turned out great.
This is the finished project once it was in my house.  I love that  you can't see all of the wires that have been hanging everywhere for so long.  It just looks so much cleaner...and I did it all for under $50.
Sadie & Stockton hung out in the car while we worked on the project.  

0 comments: