background

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Caramel Apples!

I decided to try and make caramel apples. It has been years since I have attempted them and I thought that it might be fun to do them with Ady (last time I made caramel apples I dropped a big piece of caramel on my finger and got the biggest blister I have ever seen - I still have a scare from it - and it was probably when I was in middle school). This time I decided to just use the sheets of caramel that you can buy in the produce section of the grocery store. They were easy to use and no clean up. I would recommend them to everybody!
The kids preparing the items we were going to dip our apples into. I hadn't really planned in advance so we just found pretzels, coconut, and chocolate chips - broke them into little pieces and rolled our apples in them after the caramel was on stuck to them.

They turned out really well and I have now decided that I want to make these every year. Ady was so excited to make them and she had fun making them with her cousins!

Brandon, Matthew, and Adylaide showing off the finished product. They were delicious!

1 comments:

Pyatt said...

I love caramel apples and I always forget that I could attempt to make them!! Thanks for the idea!! Ady looks so cute...are you dressing the girls up for Halloween?