Ben ran his 5th St. George Marathon this past weekend. It was his third one since we have been married. Each year we spend the night in Pine Valley and then I drop him off in Central to start the race. I then head down to Veyo to hang out until they get there. To pass the time I go and have breakfast and a little cafe. It is kind of fun despite how early it is. Each year though it gets more difficult with added children.
This year the weather was terrible. It was raining when I dropped everybody off at the start line and it rained the entire length of the marathon.
Ben wasn't the only one in his family to run. Above is a picture of everybody before we left the cabin. Ty (Ben's brother), Charlotte (Ty's girlfriend), Ryan (Ben's brother), Nick (Ben's brother) and Ben. It was a family affair!
I wasn't completely by myself while I hung out in Veyo. Emily (Nick's girlfriend) hung out with me there. We enjoyed a nice breakfast and then sat in the truck until the first runners started coming. It was cold and wet outside but weathered the storm and stood outside to watch for our runners. Good thing Ady had her Dora umbrella!
I tried to bundle Emma up so she could stay warm. She sat in the back of the truck and just watched. She was so good!!!
Ben and Nick in Veyo. You can see that it was nice and wet. We were the drop off point. Anything that they didn't want to keep running with they left with us in Veyo. A couple of miles later Ben finally was able to get rid of his garbage bag!
Ty & Charlotte in Veyo. They seemed in pretty good spirits considering the conditions. They look a lot happier than how I was feeling!
Ady, Emma, & Mommy!After the runners passed us in Veyo we loaded up and headed to St. George. I decided this year that the finish line was going to be too crowded with two children so we found a spot under a tree around mile 25. It was fun trying to keep us all dry!
We got to our spot just in time to see Ryan come running by. He was going so fast I almost missed him! He finished in 3 hours and 4 minutes.
It was good when we finally saw Ben. Ady was so excited to see her dad. Even though he was on the pace he thought I always get nervous waiting. His leg had been bothering him so I was afraid something had happened. He looked great though!
He even stopped to give Ady a hug before finishing the race. I love this picture!Ben finished the marathon in 4 hours and 18 minutes.
Nick running past us - 1 more mile to go!
Ty & Charlotte - still having fun.I must say that it is pretty inspiring to watch all of these runners. I saw lots of friends and co-workers running as well. It was fun to watch but it wore me out just sitting on the side - I can't imagine running it! Way to go all of you runners. You are amazing!!!




4 comments:
Brooke I love all your pics. I loved hearing about your marathon weekend.I think that is great that you go to veyo and eat breakfast. How do you get there? Do they let you drive adhead of the runners? Or is there a way to Veyo that I don't know. Addy's hair cut is adorable.
Ben is amazing. Love the pictures!
That is so awesome!! Running in the rain is tough...it's okay until your socks are wet and then it sucks!! good job Ben...it was so good to see you guys. I hope you got your t-shirt.
Brooke thanks for the pics of Ryan, I didn't get a chance to take any with the rain and holding umbrellas and ushering kids...
It's fun to see you pics on your blog to. I added it to my bookmarks.
See ya,Kaer
Post a Comment