background

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Emma's First Taste!

This is after the Marathon. Ben looked and felt pretty good, Ady was a disaster (notice her nice clean face), and Emma was just happy to be there. Ben has agreed that I can cut his hair now that the race is over. I will put pictures on here if it ever happens. It could be an adventure!
Ben's medal for completing the race!

I loved this little dress when Adylaide wore it and I was afraid that Emma wasn't going to be able to wear it because it is getting so cold. I decided that we would try it anyway - with tights. She looked very cute at church! I have so many cute dresses that it is hard to get her in them all before she out grows them!
I finally fed Emma solids for the first time on Saturday (Oct. 11). This is a picture of her very first taste. As you can tell she wasn't all that fond of the rice cereal (I can't imagine that it tastes that great - it smells horrible). She has been watching me whenever I eat something and seemed quite interested. We will keep trying and hopefully she will learn to like it!
She was a very messy eater! Of course I forgot just how messy it is to feed a little baby and I had already given her a bath. Next time I will bathe her AFTER the cereal!
She wasn't very happy that we were making her eat something she didn't like.
Ady didn't think that it was fair that Emma got to eat cereal at night - so of course Ady had to try it. She decided that it wasn't that great after all!!!
We had a ward party last night and it was soooo cold. I don't think that I am ready for winter (that is what it felt like). I love the fall but for some reason we had a couple of days of just really cold weather. Anyway, I bundled Emma up to go to the party (since it was outside) and just thought she looked so stinkin' cute. I love her in this little hat. My mom and dad sent her the little sweater and she looks very cute in it.

Last night I thought that my girls looked so cute that I decided to do a little photo shoot in my living room. I bought a really nice camera last year so that I could take my own pictures. It is so much fun but I am definitely glad for digital cameras. I would waste so much film!
Ady was really cute and wanted to help Emma smile. The problem was Ady would get too involved with Emma and then wouldn't be looking at the camera when I snapped the picture! In a few of the pictures Ady is pointing at the camera trying to get Emma to look.
I did get some good ones though. I think that Ady's eyes look so pretty in these pictures. It looks like Emma's eyes are going to be brown. They are very pretty also!
I must admit that I have two of the most beautiful girls. They are so much fun. Emma is at such a fun age and is so adorable.
Emma did pretty good at smiling for most of the pictures. Ben is great at getting her to smile. Right now she is just laying on the flooring talking to me and smiling. I have heard her laugh a few times but not too often. The first time I ever heard her laugh was at the doctor's office. I found it ironic that the nurse got her to laugh and then poked her with a needle!
I LOVE THIS AGE!!! It is so much fun watching them grow.

4 comments:

Pyatt said...

So cute!! I love that that face when Emma is eating her rice cereal!! It was so fun to see you guys. I need to send you the pictures from Samurai's. They are fun pics...

Stephens Family said...

I still eat Gerber Rice Cereal....YUUMMMMMMEEEEEE!!

Lacy J. said...

how cute! I can't wait to see you guys, I miss the little girlies! I'm happy that you are updating your blog, it definitely helps being away from ya'll!

The Lamberts said...

Brooke your girls are darling. Emma is such a cute baby, I have to agree with you that age is such a fun age, I love babies!