background

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 15 - Sunday, December 7

This was the day that I had dreaded from the moment we landed in England. I really didn't want to have to say goodbye to my parents again. I must say it was not nearly as bad as what I had imagined it was going to be. I just didn't let myself think about it and everything was okay. We had a great two weeks with my parents and had seen a lot. We woke up early to finish packing and then headed for the airport.

My mom behind the wheel. Kind of scary! Actually she did a great job. I definitely wouldn't want to be the one driving!

Saying goodbye at the airport.

View from the window of the plane as we took off.

Landing in Philadelphia - back in the U.S.A!

We left my parents apartment at 9:00 am London time and finally arrived at our home at 1:20 am (8:30 am London time). We had been traveling for almost 24 hours. IT was a long trip but definitely worth it. We had so much fun in England and our little girls were better than I could have ever imagined. It was fun to see my parents and to meet all of their new friends. It was also great to see all of my cousins and I hope that it won't be 7 more years before I get to see them again.

1 comments:

The Lamberts said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip. Lance and I want to go to England really bad. Since he served there. I had no idea you had so much family over there.