On Tuesday we spent the day at the London Temple Visitors Centre. It is in a beautiful area and is built on about 32 acres. There are beautiful gardens all around so we spent time walking around the grounds. We went into East Grinstead, which is the city closest to the temple, to get some money. It was a nice relaxing day. It was also my dad's birthday so we had a little party for him and made him cookies that he can eat!
(I didn't take either of these pictures. When I got home I realized I didn't have pictures of the temple grounds)

On Wednesday we headed out towards Oxford to see my mom's cousin, Judy. She is the one that I lived with her when I spent a summer in England right after graduating from Utah State University. She moved since I was with her and now lives in a small village called Lechlade-on-Thames. It is beautiful. On the way we stopped at Windsor castle.
On Wednesday we headed out towards Oxford to see my mom's cousin, Judy. She is the one that I lived with her when I spent a summer in England right after graduating from Utah State University. She moved since I was with her and now lives in a small village called Lechlade-on-Thames. It is beautiful. On the way we stopped at Windsor castle.
Ben and Ady with the guard at Windsor Castle. I had told Ben about the guards and that they don't move or smile - they just stand there. He was surprised when he saw how motionless they were.
This is a picture of a picture. I wasn't able to fly above the castle for this picture unfortunately! This castle is huge. The Queen still uses this castle. It is known as her weekend castle because she spends most of her weekends here. There is a flag on the top of the round tower in the middle that indicates whether the queen is there or not.
My dad outside the entrance of Windsor Castle. Most of the castles have a church in them. The church here is called St. George's Chapel and was built in the 14th century. The castle itself has been around for over 900 years! It has been added on throughout that time. It is crazy how old things are in England!
While were there we were able to visit the state apartments. One of the rooms where they still hold banquets will fit a single table that seats over 160 people on it. We also saw Queen Mary's doll house that was made for her when she was a small girl. It was enormous. The clothing that she had for her dolls was amazing as well.It was a really fun day and our first visit into one of the amazing castles!




0 comments:
Post a Comment