background

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008!

I just reread my following post and realized it is a little sentimental - just a warning!

I am just sitting here at my computer catching up on friends blogs and thinking about the past year. I am realizing just how much I have that I should be grateful for. I have a wonderful husband and the two most beautiful daughters in the world. Ady always keeps me guessing and Emma is the sweetest baby ever!
I have been reading about a friend who is going through some major health issues right now and I can't even imagine going through the same thing. I think that there are so many small things that I take for granted each day. Being able to have the energy to play with my kids, having kids to play with, having a good job, my husband having a good job, having a family who cares about me, having a family to care about, having good friends, having a sister (and great sister-in-laws), being healthy, being happy, having a house to live in and food to eat, really understanding the reason we celebrate Christmas, knowing there is a purpose to the life we live, etc. I could go on and on but I am really just grateful for all that I have.
I think that there are a lot of people going through some really hard times right now and I just think that it is so important to remember the little things and keep the big picture in view. This past year has been an a great one for us with ups and downs but it is definitely one I will remember. Probably the two best highlights were having another beautiful baby and our trip to England. I am always sad to see a year end but look forward to the coming year and the things that await us in the future. Happy New Year to you all and I hope that you have a great 2009!

1 comments:

Caitlin and Cade said...

WHO DREW THAT PICTURE?!?!!! It's amazing!