background

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Day!

Wednesday night I received a phone call from my school letting me know that school was canceled on Thursday. (I know that you people who live where there is a lot of snow find it funny that we would cancel school for 5 inches. You do have to remember though that we have no equipment down here for clearing the roads or sidewalks and nobody really knows how to drive in snow. I guess it is just safer for everybody if school doesn't happen - and why not have a snow day in St. George occassionally)! Now I know that we have to make that day up at some point but it was really fun to be able to stay home and play in the snow with Ady. Ben still had to work but at about 10:30 Ben called and said that he was going to come home. Ady and I had built a very small snow man but when Ben got home we built us a ginormous one.

Ben and Ady rolling the bottom of our snowman!

The finished product.
After we finished our snowman we decided to go for a drive around town and get some pictures of things covered in snow that we don't normally see. We also headed up to Pine Valley to see how things were up there. It was really pretty to see everything covered in fresh snow. The best part was watching all the people who had also decided to drive up there get stuck in the snow!

The St. George Temple
Pine Valley Chapel

0 comments: