background

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 6 - Friday, November 28

We spent this day in Oxford. When I lived in England in 2001 Oxford was the town I spent the most time in. My cousin Judy worked at one of the colleges so we would drive into Oxford with her and then spend time walking around. I also attended church in Oxford the few times I was able to go that summer. I was excited to go back and see everything.

Oxford is known as the "city of dreaming spires".

There are bikes everywhere in Oxford - after all it is a college town and there is NO parking anywhere.

We took a bus tour through out the town on the top of a double decker bus. We had a great time until Ady decided to fall down the stairs head first! Luckily we were at the end of the tour.

It was really cold but of course Emma stayed toasty warm! We didn't get to see as much as I would have liked to because it was so cold and it gets dark so early. IT would be getting dark by 4:00. It really made our days short.
Ady waiting for the bus in Oxford!

After our day in Oxford we went grocery shopping in Swindon to get ready for our big Thanksgiving dinner the next day. We also had fish and chips for dinner - Ben's first taste in England - and I must say he quite enjoyed himself!

0 comments: